Body chart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The RC Car

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey y'all! I bought a Jconcepts Illuzion Raptor SVT awhile ago, and I can't find the chart that shows where to drill holes for the body posts anywhere! Including the Internet, Internet you have been defeated! It's always defeated at the wrong time, isn't it? Anyway, what should I do?

place the body over car where you want it and drill holes. All cars and trucks use different body mounts so you have to take your time and make your own. get a body reamer and be sure before you drill

Hey y'all! I bought a Jconcepts Illuzion Raptor SVT awhile ago, and I can't find the chart that shows where to drill holes for the body posts anywhere! Including the Internet, Internet you have been defeated! It's always defeated at the wrong time, isn't it? Anyway, what should I do?
i had no idea there were charts out there for body post holes. i know that HPI on their direct replacement bodies have little divets in the body in the correct place for the model it was designed for. but they are only noticeable if you are looking for them.

I always through some masking tape on body posts then a small piece of double sided tape (servo tape at top. used a hole punch tool to get right size) .rough fit it 1st to get the correct wheel travel area. then use a body post reaming tool to do hole

place the body over car where you want it and drill holes. All cars and trucks use different body mounts so you have to take your time and make your own. get a body reamer and be sure before you drill
What is a reamer? One year later I'm still a newb lol

Use white out at the tips of the posts, then carefully lower the body onto the posts and carefully lift off. Make the holes marked by white out.

A reamer is a hand held counter sink, tapered to make holes larger. Recommend using this over a drill, neater job.

One of these guys...

hhhhh.png

Back