Favorite or Go-to Body?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Looking at getting a new body, looking at the JConcepts Hi Flow 2012 silverado. I like the model of real 1:1 Trucks, the boxy-ness of it, and its still based on a short course truck. I have the same one that my uncle used on his slash 4x4, and I have this same one but in the 2009 ProLine version (discontinued) This is going onto my Slash 2wd.
I have 2 slash bodies, I don't really like traxxas short course bodies as they are too flexible and crack in.

I also been looking at the normal Jconcepts Hi flow body. Not sure which one will be better for like air flow? I do like the silverado look so ill probably go with that, and I can always do the cut outs in the back. The thing I like about SCT bodies are that most of them are compatible with other SCTs.

Silverado Hi Flow 1500
Normal Hi-Flow

ProLine also has a couple of bodies but they are a bit too pricy.

At the moment I am waiting on this Losi (TLR8061) precut body. It will be the first body I get to use an airbrush on, so looking forward to that. Sadly, I just learned the Horizon doesn’t expect it to ship until February. Favorite? Not really. Just the one that indicates it will fit a 22S SCT.

IMG_3124.jpeg

I have the normal high flow one. I didn’t like it so much when I first got it but it’s grown on me. It also handles 1000% better than the traxxas one. The thickness is between the stock slash body and the heavy duty one. So far it’s held up well. I cut out all the available vents too which made a big difference in how it flies.

IMG_2411.jpeg
IMG_2412.jpeg
IMG_2413.jpeg

Last edited:
I dont think I've ever used the same body twice yet :)
I have 2 proline 07 siverados, 2 05 silverado hd, and like 10 2008 f250s. They used to be the best.

After they sold, threy had issues with paint not sticking and the bodies got thinner. 😶

I'm beginning to understand why you break so many parts... :joyful:
That's because Traxxas bodies are junk. Because they are thin and too flexible. Now since it's fully upgraded, it's not that it keeps.breaking it's just little things that can be easily fixed, but it happens over and over again, like I will get a DNS or a DNF in a main due to a screw or nut that came loose. While with my buggy, I rarely have issues like that.

Get the trail boss from proline if you like the Silverado……this is my 22SCT but it states it is for the slash. Add some custom cutouts of your own preference. After you paint it, immediately beef it up with shoo goo, flex paste, e6000 etc etc; and drywall tape if you feel the need.
IMG_2913.jpeg

IMG_2909.jpeg

It even fits the Tekno!
IMG_4936.jpeg

It’s a great looking body, but I am debating between the jconcepts hf2, the illusion, or the PL flotek fusion, as a go-fast option.

my bad…. Is this to race with? I thought you were looking for off the track Silverado.
I have the normal high flow one. I didn’t like it so much when I first got it but it’s grown on me. It also handles 1000% better than the traxxas one. The thickness is between the stock slash body and the heavy duty one. So far it’s held up well. I cut out all the available vents too which made a big difference in how it flies.

View attachment 175000View attachment 175001View attachment 175002
Sweet

Last edited:
I personally can’t tell the difference between the hf2 or the illuzion hiflow.
So that Silverado looks pretty nice. If that’s the look you like then go for it.
I couldn’t tell you if the trail boss is race able or high flowing because I have never had anything other than the stock losi 22s body for comparison. I don’t have huge jumps either but I added cut outs to it.

Ordered the hi flow 2012 Silverado on AMain the other night, should be here Tuesday so ill cut it out, and paint it quickly to get it ready for the track Wednesday if I can go. I'm using rattle can paint I have left over since I'm running low on some colors. Might just do the whole thing burgundy and do some silver and orange strips in the middle. Running out of blue and orange so bomb pop rc colors are kinda melting. Lol.

Ordered the hi flow 2012 Silverado on AMain the other night, should be here Tuesday so ill cut it out, and paint it quickly to get it ready for the track Wednesday if I can go. I'm using rattle can paint I have left over since I'm running low on some colors. Might just do the whole thing burgundy and do some silver and orange strips in the middle. Running out of blue and orange so bomb pop rc colors are kinda melting. Lol.
I think from now on I’m gonna paint all my race bodies with the iridescent Tamiya paint. Maybe some trim with neon yellow.

I have used rustoleum painters touch 2x, or whatever it is. The 2x though. Go light on the coats because it’s thicker than a polycarb paint.

Back