BarnFabRC Slash Build Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the stiffest springs on the proline powerstroke shocks now. It actually handles pretty well for normal bashing and oval racing. I’m trying to so some speed run stuff too. That’s where the issue is. When it really gets moving the rear squats and it’s just inviting a big blow over. The plan is to put internal limiters so they behave like shorter shocks and will allow me to crank the preload up without raising the ride height. Hopefully that works cause those shocks weren’t cheap! If not it’ll be back to the drawing board.

That’s a cool slash. Are those GRP’s or something else? I have a set of GRP’s and they’re great but they’re getting pretty shagged. That’s why I threw the hoons on. The Hoons don’t handle nearly as well as the GRP’s IMO. They drift pretty well but they’re unpredictable when actually cornering.
Yep GRPs are great till about 130mph but need to be balanced.

If you have not seen it already check out the Tekno M6 kit for the Slash 4x4.

Yes travel limiters are key. I really like the tygon fuel line tube sold on Amazon. It holds up waaaay better than silicon tube.
Also it's good to put nylon or other plastic shims/washers inside the shock to set the ride height.
Keeping the front low and the rear high is key.
My Hobao VTE2 has been 146 mph on 4s and has maybe 2mm travel in the rear. Almost locked out.

Front travel stops just a few mm before the bottom scrapes.

Took the Porsche out today and did a little 6S bashing and 4s paved oval practice. There was supposed to be a group of us but everyone else got scared of the weather. Turned out to be really nice and I was able to rip around all three of my cars for a few hours. Got one short video but unfortunately my phone focused on the pavement a few feet out instead of the area I had it pointed at.

(Anyone know how to post a YouTube video so it shows the thumbnail?)

Also got a new PB! It’s definitely got more in it but the ratio of room to run vs my nerve to send it has me about capped for this parking lot.

I’m gonna have to move out to the road this lot is on. (The pavement out there is way cleaner too)

IMG_2114.png

Took the Porsche out today and did a little 6S bashing and 4s paved oval practice. There was supposed to be a group of us but everyone else got scared of the weather. Turned out to be really nice and I was able to rip around all three of my cars for a few hours. Got one short video but unfortunately my phone focused on the pavement a few feet out instead of the area I had it pointed at.

(Anyone know how to post a YouTube video so it shows the thumbnail?)

Also got a new PB! It’s definitely got more in it but the ratio of room to run vs my nerve to send it has me about capped for this parking lot.

I’m gonna have to move out to the road this lot is on. (The pavement out there is way cleaner too)

View attachment 167929

70 mph is respectable. LOL Guess the camera was in the way? I haven't done that... yet.

70 mph is respectable. LOL Guess the camera was in the way? I haven't done that... yet.
Juuussst barely clipped the tripod I had it on. The phone basically just flopped over. No harm no foul. I was really happy with that 70. It was super stable too. I got a DuBro prop balancer and did the wheels. What a difference! Amazing really. I’ll be doing all my cars now after seeing how smooth it made things.

Juuussst barely clipped the tripod I had it on. The phone basically just flopped over. No harm no foul. I was really happy with that 70. It was super stable too. I got a DuBro prop balancer and did the wheels. What a difference! Amazing really. I’ll be doing all my cars now after seeing how smooth it made things.
You have to balance the wheels if you go fast. They can start hopping around and make it all squirrely. It was night and day the first time I did it.

I use a knock off one, that seems to work well, but not perfect out of the box. The rubber bits that held the springs kept slipping. I used some nitro tubing instead. Also I noticed with 17mm hexes, the cone went right through it. I stuff a 17mm nut in the middle and it's fixed.

For the weights I use some cheap clay from Michael's
https://a.co/d/7lzevVL

1687754644147.png

Back