best screw company

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys.. i just bought a "slightly used" hyper 7 pcr and I'm having trouble with the factory screw heads giving out on me.. I've alrealy had to cut two screws to get them out.. now enough rambling.. i need a GOOD quality screw set.. i see them on fleagay with "stainless steel" and "190 piece" but no name brands.. for about 20-25 bux.. is there one that is better then others?? or are all screws the same?? (lol) I'm guessing the harder the better (lol) but I'm no chemist or machinist.. can someone shed some light on the matter?? or a company youve had good luck with?? thanks

IMHO, Hexheads has the best screw kit available. I have yet to strip or snap a screw from their set.

Last edited:
linky??

oh and very funny eddy.. kinda hard to do a thread on this subject without something sounding dirty lol

Tony's Screws has some good stuff. Most of the Pro's are using his stuff. I have yet to get a kit from him, but he has every screw, nut, and set screw in his kits. They run around $40 tho.

McMaster Carr....just get a bunch of measurements of screws you need....get SS hex heads and your good to go....way cheaper if you do bulk w/ some friends as well.....my pop gets tons of screws from them for his shop and I got a whole slew of em from there....great stuff.....remember there's always someone slapping an RC brand name and reselling the same thing you could buy from someone else at a fraction of the price......

vb what kit did you put on here?? I've already had to make two of them "flathead" with the dremel!! or are these "factory"??

I got screwed by RC Screws. NEVER AGAIN!!!! I got so stressed by them That I started to put phillips head screws in and they worked so much better!

vbgagnon said:
I got screwed by RC Screws. NEVER AGAIN!!!! I got so stressed by them That I started to put phillips head screws in and they worked so much better!

Ditto!!!!!!!!
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

www.hexcrews.com

best screws i've found to date
I've tried
fender bender (to bad he stopped great stuff)
RCScrews (why should I have to buy special wrenches, garbage quality)
get screwed ( yep I got screwed all right, almost as bad as rcscrews)

so far I have yet to strip one of the hexscrews top notch quality.

I have to go with Plaidfish and the McMaster recommendation. Superior contractor quality with every size in the book. You might buy about fifty or a hundred but you'll never have to shop for that size again.

For those in the Pacific Northwest: Tacoma Screw.

Eddy: Mustang Ranch closed in 1999.

I second Hexcrews.

Best part is that you can buy a kit of screws to replace all the screws on most rides.

Hmmm, I used RC screwz for my 710 and no probs. Then again, they used hex heads and not the philips or slotted heads. No complaints here. I guess it's hit or miss with the car you're getting it for.

I tried a RC Screwz kit once. The hex slots seemed sloppy using my Losi tools and with plain old allen wrenches. I stripped out 3 out of 4 I installed. I poop canned the set and got a Hexcrews set and have had no problems.

robmob said:
I tried a RC Screwz kit once. The hex slots seemed sloppy using my Losi tools and with plain old allen wrenches. I stripped out 3 out of 4 I installed. I poop canned the set and got a Hexcrews set and have had no problems.

Same issue I had.
When I called them they told me to get better tools.
Ummmmm..... Huddy, Losi, and Dynamite tools aren't any good?
All 3 sets were sloppy. I guess I need more tools. (NOT!)

Thats odd, I used RC Screwz with no problems at all, did not strip a one of em. I used my Ofna wrences with them.

Guess maybe I will try some hexscrews for my crawler project.

I also tried a set of USSF screws, they were terrible. The heads were a very sloppy fit with my Ofna drivers.

wdavidhicks said:
I have to go with Plaidfish and the McMaster recommendation. Superior contractor quality with every size in the book. You might buy about fifty or a hundred but you'll never have to shop for that size again.

For those in the Pacific Northwest: Tacoma Screw.

Eddy: Mustang Ranch closed in 1999.

I'm gonna throw out a third reccomendation for McMaster Carr. You only get the screws you need and in the quantity you need. High quality, always in stock and typically ships same day.

Mr T

Back