Xmaxx help. Trying to get front end apart to upgrade driveshaft to m2c

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutts4RC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I just got the m2c chassis driveshaft upgrade yesterday and I've been trying to unsuccessfully seperate the front end of the truck from the rest of the truck ( i do like the modular design but it is frusterating when you follow the instructions and it still dont come apart) meaning i removed all the necessary screws below the chassis and above including the one screw that holds i think the servo arm maybe? Now i will be honest and let yall know i ran into a slight problem when i removed the screws from the front of i believe its the motor brace? They are about half way up on the shock tower and connect the tower to the brace well i got them all out but the front left. I actually think i screwed it in too tight initally and when i went to back it out i am pretty sure i stripped it. I tried to get it out for like 45 min. No joke so i ended up cutting the screw in half to unbind it from the tower and brace. Dont worry i have spares but unfortunately they arent stainless steel but they will do for now. And I'm still stuck with the inital problem. All the hardware is out with the exception of that screw that was cut in half and the front end should pull right apart and it does not. Idk if i jammed it real good last weekend when i had it out bc it flipped a few times and landed on its nose bumper first. Any ideas would be appreciated. I've also thought about cutting the driveshaft in half and getting it out that way as i wont be needing it once i upgrade it to m2c but idk I'm worried I'm gonna cut thru something that is needed to make the m2c parts work.
T.I.A yall

traxxas is legendary for putting a Phillips screw in the drive knuckle behind the 4 way..i dont own a xmaxx.

77086-4_X-Maxx_TQi_explodedviews_210715_77086-4 Modular Assembly.jpg