Best rc truck or Truggy for an average basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I’m in the market for a 4s-6s basher for under $650 I’d like something durable, fast and fairly easy to work on. I’ve had my eye on the Arrma Kraton, notorious, talion and outcast. I’ve been checking out the new Traxxas Maxx and e-Revo 2.0 as well. I’d love the Tekno mt410 kit but it’s out of my price range at the moment. Is there any other rc truck/Truggy I should consider? The hpi savage xl flux looks appealing too. I have a DHK Maximus and id like to upgrade. Thanks.

I would say go with the Arrma, but budget for a new radio, saying the STX2 is garbage is an understatement.
Whats a good replacement for it without spending a fortune? My fiancé wants to buy me a new rc truck for one of her wedding gifts. I don’t want her to spend any more of my money ... the wedding is expensive enough hahaha

Whats a good replacement for it without spending a fortune? My fiancé wants to buy me a new rc truck for one of her wedding gifts. I don’t want her to spend any more of my money ... the wedding is expensive enough hahaha
FlySky GT3C or GT3B, has multiple model memory so when you get your next one just need a $10 receiver and right around 40-50$, GT3C has a rechargeable battery included, GT3B uses 8 AAs , (which is weird most 2.4ghz use 4).
love my GT3C, i got the orange one

FlySky GT3C or GT3B, has multiple model memory so when you get your next one just need a $10 receiver and right around 40-50$, GT3C has a rechargeable battery included, GT3B uses 8 AAs , (which is weird most 2.4ghz use 4).
love my GT3C, i got the orange one
do try to purchase though amazon, there used to be a few that were DOA, not as common anymore, but just to have that extra insurance that if you do not get a working one, you can return and swap for another.
GT3C: 48$ https://www.amazon.com/FlySky-FS-GT...argid=aud-799727667774:pla-643964659165&psc=1
GT3B: 39$ https://www.amazon.com/GT3B-2-4G-Fl...KCK0BPM1809&psc=1&refRID=JN1X6D5SEKCK0BPM1809

I went with the blue ARRMA Kraton V4. I ordered front and rear chassis braces. 4 5200mah 50c 3s lipos i could use with my Maximus as well and 1 6000mah 60c 6s lipo. Hopefully the radio and receiver can hold me over until I win the lottery ahaha thanks guys!

I went with the blue ARRMA Kraton V4. I ordered front and rear chassis braces. 4 5200mah 50c 3s lipos i could use with my Maximus as well and 1 6000mah 60c 6s lipo. Hopefully the radio and receiver can hold me over until I win the lottery ahaha thanks guys!
definitely post some pics when it comes in!

Check out the arrmaforum.com, will give you a ton of info for first upgrades or things to watch out for. Shock ends and diff shimming are things you might want to jump on before you even run the thing. I've had an outcast 6S for over a year. Decent in stock form, but once you start putting a hurt on it, it attacks your wallet pretty fiercely. :)

I would stay away from Traxxas. Have Notorious and Typhon. Owned both for over a year and have only replaced wing, one steering servo, and worn tires; that’s it! Extremely durable and good value imo. Up front cost of Traxxas r/c is just the beginning of your investment.

@Peteyk49 if you could find a Tekno in your range you certainly would not regret it, but yeah buying new it's certainly out of your $650 budget.

That said I'd seriously look at getting a 6s ARRMA, be it the Outcast/Notorious, Kraton, or Typhon. They are incredibly durable, have a ton of aftermarket support and can easily be bought new within your budget.

@Peteyk49 if you could find a Tekno in your range you certainly would not regret it, but yeah buying new it's certainly out of your $650 budget.

That said I'd seriously look at getting a 6s ARRMA, be it the Outcast/Notorious, Kraton, or Typhon. They are incredibly durable, have a ton of aftermarket support and can easily be bought new within your budget.
Thanks man. I do plan on buying a Tekno kit to build with my son. But I have to pay for my wedding today so that’s gunna have to wait lol. I don’t want to cheap out on parts so when I build a kit, I don’t want to have a budget lol

Thanks man. I do plan on buying a Tekno kit to build with my son. But I have to pay for my wedding today so that’s gunna have to wait lol. I don’t want to cheap out on parts so when I build a kit, I don’t want to have a budget lol
My fiancé ordered me the blue arrma Kraton v4 for one of her wedding gifts. I already put in an order for chassis braces and extra batteries

Getting excited.... can’t wait to run it tomorrow!

Attachments

• F4437C03-386A-4B93-ACAE-C2E42FC7D89D.jpeg
    F4437C03-386A-4B93-ACAE-C2E42FC7D89D.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 2D116B95-A2AB-4D8E-812C-D7BE1D5FF043.jpeg
    2D116B95-A2AB-4D8E-812C-D7BE1D5FF043.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 2226D850-EB8D-4589-9F78-5557AFFEC86D.jpeg
    2226D850-EB8D-4589-9F78-5557AFFEC86D.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 374
Back