Best rc truck or Truggy for an average basher

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Peteyk49

RC Newbie
Hi, I’m in the market for a 4s-6s basher for under $650 I’d like something durable, fast and fairly easy to work on. I’ve had my eye on the Arrma Kraton, notorious, talion and outcast. I’ve been checking out the new Traxxas Maxx and e-Revo 2.0 as well. I’d love the Tekno mt410 kit but it’s out of my price range at the moment. Is there any other rc truck/Truggy I should consider? The hpi savage xl flux looks appealing too. I have a DHK Maximus and id like to upgrade. Thanks.

Peteyk49

RC Newbie
I would say go with the Arrma, but budget for a new radio, saying the STX2 is garbage is an understatement.
Whats a good replacement for it without spending a fortune? My fiancé wants to buy me a new rc truck for one of her wedding gifts. I don’t want her to spend any more of my money ... the wedding is expensive enough hahaha

D3MON

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Whats a good replacement for it without spending a fortune? My fiancé wants to buy me a new rc truck for one of her wedding gifts. I don’t want her to spend any more of my money ... the wedding is expensive enough hahaha
FlySky GT3C or GT3B, has multiple model memory so when you get your next one just need a $10 receiver and right around 40-50$, GT3C has a rechargeable battery included, GT3B uses 8 AAs , (which is weird most 2.4ghz use 4).
love my GT3C, i got the orange one

D3MON

Hardcore RCNT User
RC Driving Style
Bashing
FlySky GT3C or GT3B, has multiple model memory so when you get your next one just need a $10 receiver and right around 40-50$, GT3C has a rechargeable battery included, GT3B uses 8 AAs , (which is weird most 2.4ghz use 4).
love my GT3C, i got the orange one
do try to purchase though amazon, there used to be a few that were DOA, not as common anymore, but just to have that extra insurance that if you do not get a working one, you can return and swap for another.
GT3C: 48$ https://www.amazon.com/FlySky-FS-GT...argid=aud-799727667774:pla-643964659165&psc=1
GT3B: 39$ https://www.amazon.com/GT3B-2-4G-Fl...KCK0BPM1809&psc=1&refRID=JN1X6D5SEKCK0BPM1809

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Check out the arrmaforum.com, will give you a ton of info for first upgrades or things to watch out for. Shock ends and diff shimming are things you might want to jump on before you even run the thing. I've had an outcast 6S for over a year. Decent in stock form, but once you start putting a hurt on it, it attacks your wallet pretty fiercely. :)

Elemental277

RC Newbie
I would stay away from Traxxas. Have Notorious and Typhon. Owned both for over a year and have only replaced wing, one steering servo, and worn tires; that’s it! Extremely durable and good value imo. Up front cost of Traxxas r/c is just the beginning of your investment.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
RC Driving Style
Bashing
@Peteyk49 if you could find a Tekno in your range you certainly would not regret it, but yeah buying new it's certainly out of your $650 budget.

That said I'd seriously look at getting a 6s ARRMA, be it the Outcast/Notorious, Kraton, or Typhon. They are incredibly durable, have a ton of aftermarket support and can easily be bought new within your budget.

Peteyk49

RC Newbie
@Peteyk49 if you could find a Tekno in your range you certainly would not regret it, but yeah buying new it's certainly out of your $650 budget.

That said I'd seriously look at getting a 6s ARRMA, be it the Outcast/Notorious, Kraton, or Typhon. They are incredibly durable, have a ton of aftermarket support and can easily be bought new within your budget.
Thanks man. I do plan on buying a Tekno kit to build with my son. But I have to pay for my wedding today so that’s gunna have to wait lol. I don’t want to cheap out on parts so when I build a kit, I don’t want to have a budget lol

Peteyk49

RC Newbie
Thanks man. I do plan on buying a Tekno kit to build with my son. But I have to pay for my wedding today so that’s gunna have to wait lol. I don’t want to cheap out on parts so when I build a kit, I don’t want to have a budget lol
My fiancé ordered me the blue arrma Kraton v4 for one of her wedding gifts. I already put in an order for chassis braces and extra batteries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Buggy or Truggy or Stadium Truck is best for track? Nitro RC 11
Backtothefuture Best starter unassembled kit truck? Monster Trucks 8
Kenyon Is the Arrma Kraton 4x4 4S the best 1/10 scale 4x4 truck out there right now? Electric RC 21
Cupofjoe5 Best place for upgrade parts for nitro truck Nitro RC 2
A Best truck available at the minute? Monster Trucks 29
Ozarks104 Best Electric Monster Truck? Electric RC 24
hulkmaxx Best LRP engine for race truck Nitro RC 7
Non Crimen best race short course truck Short Course Trucks 14
SC-REVO Best truck...JYD unbeatable combo! Traxxas Revo 1
J Best short course truck Electric RC 11
P what is the best 1/8 nitro truck for jumping Nitro RC 16
J Best Electric Stadium Truck Electric RC 7
N Best RTR short course truck? Short Course Trucks 15
V Whats the Best bang for your buck Monster truck? Nitro RC 34
B best truck Short Course Trucks 0
L What electric 1/10 scale truck is the best Short Course Trucks 14
NitroRC4Life I want to start saving for a new truck but which is the best? Nitro RC 3
N Best Stadium Truck???? Nitro RC 26
M Best Nitro Racing Monster Truck???? Nitro RC 15
R what is the best 1/10th monster truck in ur oppinion and y? Nitro RC 12
D best truck ???? Nitro RC 5
E best stadium truck Stadium Trucks 10
R best truck Stadium Trucks 5
S Best truck for playin around the house????? Nitro RC 13
RatzoRC The best truck I ever owned Associated Monster GT & Rival 33
O best engine for stadium truck Chassis & Drivetrain 3
O best stadium truck Stadium Trucks 21
T best stadium truck?? Stadium Trucks 14
S Best Monster Truck out there!?! Monster Trucks 105
F Best 4WD truck? Stadium Trucks 13
R Best monster truck out there? Nitro RC 59
CameronCodes Best scaler/crawler question. Scale RC 4
A Best battery attachment and charger attachment Electric RC 5
Brianc1019 redcat be6s best tires for grass Wheels & Tires 2
corneileous Best way to charge and possibly condition older NiMH batteries. Electronics 20
The RC Car Best affordable motor for Tekno SCT410.3? Electric RC 8
Y Best racing Truggy in 2020 Electric RC 10
D Fx Royal best .21 on the market. Nitro RC 0
The RC Car Best stiff shocks for on-road slash? Short Course Trucks 9
tntpoof Best radio and why? Electronics 9
Rubendb The best 1/10 scale nitro engine Engines 47
Arrma big rock Best lipo battery to buy for arrma big rock Electric RC 4
T Best tires for carpet Electric RC 2
Lazy Bushman Next Best 6S Electric RC 6
R Best duo lipo charger Electric RC 8
Wheeliefast024 Best setup for Losi 22 5.0 dc Engines 0
Don mercier Best way to tape tires! Wheels & Tires 0