basher going racing journey....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man the track was very nice tonight. I think the cold harden it up a lil bit and traction was there in my favor! Fun night of head to head balls out good ol fun. (Dirty racing) lol. Move out my way! Crunch!

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

CAM00159_zpse60e1ab5.jpg

Soooooooooooooooo I've been looking and searching engines and what not when i ran in to carbon fiber parts such as shock towers and upper servo deck and steering plate. I was wondering if it would be worth it or should i stay with aluminum?

I will be test driving a mbx7 this sunday. I saw a racer at my hobby shop that goes to my track and he got the mbx7 kit and some sort of expensive esc and motor combo. I think its called tiken or something.
He also pointed out this 400oz servo to me and told me thats what he uses and the speed of it is amazing. Wont know till he lets me drive it!!

Brb making sure i can pay for this thing if i crash it in to a wall lol.

Tekin is good stuff, mbx7 is a great buggy,........BE CAREFUL.......lol

I wanted to build something so i ordered a new chassis,rock guards,bumper,chassis braces.revicer box and all the A arms and sway bar kit. I'm gonna build the lx2e with the mamba monster system. Ima try the carbofiber towers and upper deck and steering plate. And carbo center diff brace as well. This should be fun......

No need to bubble wrap that MBX7. I drive an MBX6R (7 is the same with a few upgrades)...and I'd have to say it is the most durable vehicle I've ever owned. I say that because I've yet to break a single thing on it...and it's been to the woodshed and back, for sure. It's also a very forgiving car--but can be aggressive depending on its setup.

Regarding alum vs carbon....it's a no brainer for me: carbon! Light and strong.

I've never used carbon so ima try them. There a lil more expensive but at least it wouldlook cool lol.
I'm looking up savox servos now. I've never used them and want to try them out.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

can't seen to find the speed and torque that I'm looking for. I'm looking to stay in the 0.10-0.12 speed range. And no lower the 250 torque. Anyone? If I'm gonna drop $100 on a servo i may as well get something good.

Don't think you will find a Savox with those specs for that price.
1256TG--277/.15 probably closest you'll get.
HiTec7955--333/.15 (My personal favorite)

As noted, there is nothing wrong with ProTek IMO.
130T--288/.10

If the servo is for the LX2E build, the Savox 1256 is plenty strong and fast for the little buggy.
Anything stronger/faster you probably will not notice any difference in steering response as far as the way the rig handles.
And yes, the 1256 is 277oz @ 6V

Just ordered the batter tray motor mount and some random things.

Note: you can buy the lx2e cheaper then what I'm spending
I just want to build one and change a couple things. Well maybe half the buggy lol.

Are those specs @ 6v?

Everything I listed is at 6v. If you want to go high voltage you'll get 355/.08 out of that 130T.

I have lots and they are great. One year warranty. Worst case scenario---you do have a probem (as you can with any servo--even Savox) they will replace it no questions asked (as you can with most manufacturers). Try it out, and if you don't like it--I will buy from you.

Last edited:
Everything I listed is at 6v. If you want to go high voltage you'll get 355/.08 out of that 130T.

I have lots and they are great. One year warranty. Worst case scenario---you do have a probem (as you can with any servo--even Savox) they will replace it no questions asked (as you can with most manufacturers). Try it out, and if you don't like it--I will buy from you.

How about i trade you one of my hitec?

I have the following coming :)
Chassis
Bell crank assembly
Center diff
Center dog bones
Battery tray
Motor mmount
Lower A arms
Sway bar kit
upper a arms
Receiver box
Servo plate
Body
Bellcrank top plate
Tow links (steering link)
Rock gards
And battery straps
And proline wing

Not bad for $153 shipped

---------- Post added at 6:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:43 PM ----------

I've notice theres 1,247 views on this thread so ill be taking alot of notes along the way of my journey.

Last edited:
Befor i order up the shocks i was wondering if the lx2e are on or should i looking it to better ones?

The LX2 shocks are fine, just get an assortment of springs (different rates) and shock oils wt’s to tune them.

I’ve seen more than several broken CF towers in the trash bin at the track.

I agree with snook, CF tower are fine on some cars/trucks, but with the weight of a 1/8 buggy the wont last, i have seen several in the trash at tracks as well, on a lighter vehicle they are fine, i would stick with whats on it and replace as needed.

The part that i dont like is that this CF tower and the stock tower is that they both claim to be 4mm thick but where they connect there really 2.5-3mm making it a breaking point.
On the stock aluminum one the break where the shock mounts to. I think theres to many holes

---------- Post added at 9:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:41 AM ----------

30655.jpg

---------- Post added at 9:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:44 AM ----------

Although i never broke one at the track yet.

Back