basher going racing journey....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jose.28

the friendly guy
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I've never been to the track untill the other day and i must say we had a blast!
I thought to myself hay this is really fun and I'm kinda tired of just bashing my rigs.
So why biuld a rig to just break it in half the next day? Well it is fun getting stupid high jumps and all but its not really cost effective for me lol.

So here i am looking up kits and id like to stick with nitro buggys.
I ffigured why buy one when i have one. Ofna ultra lx2
In all honesty it has not been my fav but since i have it i will use it.
I will start off using the stock setup minus the electronics they are trash.

I will be posting pics and vids as i go and anyone that races is very welcom to point out all of my flaws and input on donts lol. Any small info will greatly be appropriated.
Also please point me to a good buggy i am looking to get one in a few months.
Something around $500-$600

I think you are doing right by sticking with what you have and learn to drive it on the track. Unsure of what type of track you have, but that will dictate your entire setup. I've truly believe some folks are more natural at driving on a track than others. I am horrible (but I try). My son is a natural---and it drives me nuts. ;-)

The cool thing about a track is you have a consistent environment to evaluate your vehicle. Once you get consistent with it on the track, just start thinking of things you'd like the vehicle to do better and go from there. Best advice is make changes in iterations. That being, change one thing...test it. Change another, test it. The final result is based on clusters...but difficult to tell what works and doesn't if you make multiple changes at once.

Regarding the next buggy---are you talking 500-600 for just the kit, or for everything? If the former, you'll have plenty of choices (Mugen, Xray, AE, Hot Bodies, etc.). If the latter, I'd recommend seeing if the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR or roller drops in price. The Losi 8ight T 2.0 kit is already dropping to $299-$320. Hope this helps

Hey thanks for taking your time to post. Yeah I'm gonna do a kit. I've learned my lesson on rtr lol. Gonna spend the rest of the year practicing driving skills and getting to know the track conditions. Then ill buy a good kit .

Lots of good buggy kits out there, it just depends on your price/budget.
Practice, practice, practice with what you have, can’t stress that enough. Once you learn the ins/outs with the lx2 it will be a quicker transition to a better handling kit.
If your track is open for practice sessions and you’re not burning a gallon a week practicing, you’re not practicing enough.

Hey thanks for taking your time to post. Yeah I'm gonna do a kit. I've learned my lesson on rtr lol. Gonna spend the rest of the year practicing driving skills and getting to know the track conditions. Then ill buy a good kit .

No problem. Sounds like you got the right plan. And yeah---be prepared to break parts. I love bashing as much as the next guy....but the track is where the wicked nasty crashes happen---at least for me. ;-) The good news is that the high-end kits are much more durable. Finishing a 20 minute main (after three 7 minute heats) is not as easy as it sounds.

Oh yeah i will be practicing alot. This track right now is just how i need it to be. No real races and just a good time.

I spend at the very least $300 a month. On parts for bashing. I dont know what it is but when the crew gets together we never come out alive lol.

I thought racing would be cheaper lol.

---------- Post added at 7:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:22 PM ----------

IMG_38626447334758_zpse5fd9c73.jpg
l small but will work for now. This was last night

---------- Post added at 7:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:33 PM ----------

Shes waiting on tires and servos.
CAM00024_zpsac7ae722.jpg

What is a good brand of fuels?

I used to use sidewinder VII, but thanks to some of the guys here I use werks 30% now.

Oh and i reallly like the inferno MP9 anyone ever ran this kit?

---------- Post added at 8:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:59 PM ----------

I used to use sidewinder VII, but thanks to some of the guys here I use werks 30% now.
I've been checking them out too. How are they?

Sidewinder V.II 30% runs hot I burned a gallon of that way faster than regular sidewinder 30%, and werks 30% is a whole different ball game. It runs cooler, so you can lean out the HSN more, which mean more power on tap, also there's less of a poisonous odour. Werks 30% is just better, but that's just my opinion.

I run 20% for racing should i start using 30%?

Don't know I've never set wheels on a track. 30% will give you a power boost for sure but it also wares down an engine sooner.

I've never tried Werks, but would really like to (I have two of their engines and thinking about getting a B2). I ran Nitrotane and recently switched to VP Pro simply because my LHS stopped carrying Nitrotane. I like Nitrotane better, so might end up ordering online. ;-(

Regarding fuel %....you are going to get a slew of different responses. Half mine, I run 20% and half I run 30%. In all candor, I cannot tell a difference. I would stick with 20% if that is what you are running now--I really doubt you'll see a tangible difference going to 30%. You'll probably find better results trying different glow plugs.

Regarding the MP9, are you talking about the ReadySet or the TK13? Big difference between the two.

I was looking at the B5 also. And the ready set or the kit. For some reason i like that buggy.

AGAMA Kits Are great, paired with a works b6 or b6 pro, great buggies. I run werks 30% in my buggy it comes off the track at about 175-180 and runs perfect, Pm me if you need to......

And in racing,you will see a difference in 20% and 30% fuel.

AGAMA Kits Are great, paired with a works b6 or b6 pro, great buggies. I run werks 30% in my buggy it comes off the track at about 175-180 and runs perfect, Pm me if you need to......

And in racing,you will see a difference in 20% and 30% fuel.
Is that the one you posted with the orange/red body?

yes, thats an Agama A8, they look alot like losi's buggy but handle better IMHO, parts are a little cheaper too.

That is a sweet looking rig. When i saw that it made me wanna put the lx2 back together. ............and well here i am looking to get in to racing lol

Picked this up today.
CAM00046_zps719f274d.jpg

I dont trust AAs on the ofna.

nitro buggies are a ball of fun, i havent been back into them long enough to be good at it, i finished 4th at the last race, it does get expensive, I run a life pack in my buggy. it last 2 heats and a throw it on the charger for the main, just so its fully charged.

I've never used this name of pack. I can remember the name of the first one i had but it gave me good bashing time. I got this one to start practice on Sunday. I'm sure when i get good servos ill need to find a good one.

---------- Post added at 8:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:31 PM ----------

I think it was reedy

Back