Axial Ryft Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the Tekin stuff all shipped from Champaign Illinois, which is only 3 hours from me. But the Tekin servo shipped from California, and FedEx decided they would stay true to their previous standards I have seen and they dropped the ball big time. The servo won't be here til Tuesday now. Check this stupid chit out. Destination is the red dot.
View attachment 143024
Funny thing is, Tekin products are built an hour and 20 minutes from me in McCall Idaho.

Funny thing is, Tekin products are built an hour and 20 minutes from me in McCall Idaho.
Yeah, if they had the easy pay option that Horizon has, I would have just bought it all from them.

I want to take a run up there one of these days and check it out.

The only thing that would hold me back from going up there is that town wrote the book on snobby. Rudest people I have ever been around.

The only thing that would hold me back from going up there is that town wrote the book on snobby. Rudest people I have ever been around.
Worse than here?

I have zero tolerance for anybody who turns up their nose at somebody else.

I look at it like this, if you don't like the way I'm driving, get off the sidewalk...:eek:

I pretty much have a low tolerance for the general public in most situations. Anti-social is my motto.

I'm with you there brother. Forums are my contact with the outside world. Exactly why my weekends are Monday through Friday. There are a lot less people.

We didn't have a lot of time tonight, so I thought we'd make a little vid showing the dyeing of some of the plastic. I saved the helmets just for this vid.

We got the axles built. So far I am pretty impressed with this kit. But these axles are huge. Pictured next to a 1/10 1.9 wheel.
20220306_040103.jpg

Here's the 1st build vid. It's really long, so grab a bag of popcorn 😜 There is a lot to do in this kit.

We got the links and transmission done. Also got the motor, pinion, and spur in and the mesh set. The gears in this kit are just massive. The term "heavy duty" doesn't do them justice.

20220306_111655.jpg

20220306_111613.jpg

Last edited:
Been working on the shift servo this morning. The real poopy thing with this kit is it comes with only part of a servo saver for the shift servo. You get the other piece when you buy the pile of crap spectrum micro servo that comes on the RTR. But Axial does sell a set you can get the piece out of, and at least it comes with a 23t and 25t version of it. The Hitec servo I bought though, has a smaller drive gear than the Axial stuff will fit on. So I said hell with it and printed my own part. Pics coming soon.

Lmfao. Keep us posted.
Well, an update...
I think FedEx must be taking a joyride with the servo. It has been bouncing around Utah for 3 days now, from Snowville, Salt Lake, and now Fsrmington, and hasn't really made any forward progress towards Indiana.
Untitled101_20220308042226.png

And I wasn't going to post this embarrassment for FedEx, but here is what the other Tekin stuff showed up in the other day. The packages in the back of this truck looked like a toppled over Jinga puzzle, from floor to ceiling, front to back, and it took the driver over 20 minutes to find one of my two packages. He then said he would come back with the other, which turned out to be later that day. No knock on the door, even with a sign on my door that says "Deliveries, please knock". He just sat the $500 box of parts outside on the sidewalk in plain view of my sticky-fingered neighbors and left. Fortunately, I heard him getting in his truck and pulling away.
20220301_111557.jpg

Last edited:
Finding parts if possible at Hobbie stores closer to your state helps. Took a week for my stuff I ordered from Amain to come in from NC. But one time I ordered ebay stuff coming from SC, it went all the way up to Maine before making its way all the way over to Iowa. took 2 weeks.

Finding parts if possible at Hobbie stores closer to your state helps. Took a week for my stuff I ordered from Amain to come in from NC. But one time I ordered ebay stuff coming from SC, it went all the way up to Maine before making its way all the way over to Iowa. took 2 weeks.
I would if I could. But to buy all these parts I had to use Horizon's easy pay option to pay over 3 months. Being on disability sucks.

It would be ok if Horizon put a little note on the parts ssying where they would be shipping from. Usually my order from them comes from Champaign Illinois, which is 3 hours from me. Usually my order is here the next day. But occasionally, part of my order will come from California. If I knew that going in, I would have paid for 2-3 day shipping. But I don't want to do that if it is going to be here the next day anyway.

Last edited:
Back