Anybody into bird watching?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this bird. I couldnt tell if he was watching me back. I want to say he was, but I'm also near the nest so its hsrd to tell.

Attachments

• 20220627_122639.jpg
    20220627_122639.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 31
There's a lot of birds here in the campground and I like a good wake n bake outside at about 4-4:15am when they are really performing lol.

There's a lot of birds here in the campground and I like a good wake n bake outside at about 4-4:15am when they are really performing lol.
😂🤣
Been watching the red guy all week. Planes been flying also all week. Small planes. Like alphabet looking through camera lense planes.

Years ago riding bike 1am, this dodo was doing the csr alarm. Full cycle. Started with chirps, then siren, the annoying horn noise, the beeping. Very observent.

Attachments

• 20220628_190732.jpg
    20220628_190732.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220701_131517.jpg
    20220701_131517.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 30
I enjoy watching bird watching, I like to get pics when I can.
Great pictures - you must have some great kit to capture those images. I like capturing pics of birds too but I have a lot to learn. Panasonic m4/3 G9 100-300 zoom.

Attachments

• avocet - P1001048.jpg
    avocet - P1001048.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 32
  • kingfish9.jpg
    kingfish9.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 30
  • jay5v2.jpg
    jay5v2.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 30
  • egret3 (2).jpg
    egret3 (2).jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 28
Great pictures - you must have some great kit to capture those images. I like capturing pics of birds too but I have a lot to learn. Panasonic m4/3 G9 100-300 zoom.
I don't know, those are some sweet shots! :thumbs-up: Mostly just practice patience and a good lens. I've got a 600mm lens and it has spoiled me. I had to save a looong time to get it.

I don't know, those are some sweet shots! :thumbs-up: Mostly just practice patience and a good lens. I've got a 600mm lens and it has spoiled me. I had to save a looong time to get it.
Thank you. The good thing about m43 format cameras like the g9 is that the 100-300 lens is equivalent to a 200-600 in 35mm format but it is only 130mm (5inches) long. There is a compromise in quality - your pics are so sharp especially the birds in flight - not an easy skill.

Thank you for the compliments,😊

I need to get off my butt and get out and get some new shots, I haven't been snapping photos in awhile. Practice, practice, practice. 🤣

The good thing about m43 format cameras like the g9 is that the 100-300 lens is equivalent to a 200-600 in 35mm format but it is only 130mm (5inches) long.
That is a plus, this gets a little heavy to lug around all day.
PSX_20220702_191732.jpg

Do you guys have Cardinals? We have a lot of them here and I have noticed something pretty cool from one here. He makes this call, and the first time through, he does 0 whistles at the end. He does it again, and whistles one time at the end. Then he does it again and whistles twice. Then 3 times, 4, 5, etc, all the way up to about 10 times. I've never heard a wild bird count like that, but he does it every morning, and never miscounts. He always starts at 0 and goes to at least 8 before flying away. I just thought this is kinda weird behavior. I'm 52, and never noticed this before now. This I believe is the same Cardinal that returns every year with his mate to nest in a bush out back. They always nest on the same branch of the bush too. Fascinating pair of birds. I'll try to get you guys some pics. I never have my phone out there.

Funny enough, if you watch the end of this vid, right after Breydon signs off, this is the same bird in the background, doing the same call. He has many calls, but this one is the one where he counts. He counts to 10 in end of this. But if you pay attention before that, he counts to 9.

Not necessarily a bird watcher, but I do have one if those picnic table feeders for the birds and squirrels that I can see from my smoke spot. We get cardinals every once in a while, but mainly Robin's and blue jays. The Robin's be fightin' all the time! The blue Jay's love peanuts and if I haven't refilled the little buckets, they will sit in the tree and holler at me. 🤣
20230420_095426.jpg

Not necessarily a bird watcher, but I do have one if those picnic table feeders for the birds and squirrels that I can see from my smoke spot. We get cardinals every once in a while, but mainly Robin's and blue jays. The Robin's be fightin' all the time! The blue Jay's love peanuts and if I haven't refilled the little buckets, they will sit in the tree and holler at me. 🤣
View attachment 163966
The Robins here fight like crazy! I just saw my first Blue Jay yesterday. He was a really vivid blue. Never seen one as bright as he was.

Back