Anybody into bird watching?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230501_093415.jpg
20230501_100244.jpg

I had to look that yellow bird up. It looks like a Wilson's Warbler. If that's what it is, that's the male. Only they have the black toupee. I bet it has a pretty cool song. The only yellow birds we see around here are canaries, though I haven't seen one for years.

We do have a canary nest out back. They are nesting behind this electric meter on the old building out back. No pics though. They are really shy. But man, they can sing.

I had to look that yellow bird up. It looks like a Wilson's Warbler. If that's what it is, that's the male. Only they have the black toupee. I bet it has a pretty cool song. The only yellow birds we see around here are canaries, though I haven't seen one for years.

We do have a canary nest out back. They are nesting behind this electric meter on the old building out back. No pics though. They are really shy. But man, they can sing.
Exactly right. I had to refer to my bird ID card to know what it was.
He's been pretty quiet and only heard little chirps so far.

It's been a tough time for birds here this spring. We have had a few nice days, but most have been cloudy, cold, and extremely windy. I was just watching the trees out back get tossed around so violently I thought for sure they were going to snap. Really crazy weather this year so far.

It's been a tough time for birds here this spring. We have had a few nice days, but most have been cloudy, cold, and extremely windy. I was just watching the trees out back get tossed around so violently I thought for sure they were going to snap. Really crazy weather this year so far.
The spring animals are slowly starting to show face here...including me. Only now really getting out to enjoy the outside.
I like the cold, but this mainland cold is the real deal! haha

I had a visit today from an Oriole. It’s already on my list. But Being from Baltimore, seeing one is a surprise because I don’t think I ever saw them there.
Then a Grosbeak showed up. I bought a really good bag of bird seed from Ace Hardware. I had a coupon and it’s like trail mix. But I guess the word got out.

These are just internet photos.

IMG_3394.jpeg

IMG_3393.jpeg

Ok they must put crack in the bird seeds at Ace.
A Pileated wood pecker just made the scene.

This photo I took

Attachments

• IMG_3395.jpeg
    IMG_3395.jpeg
    503.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back