2 motors down, what gives??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mistake it’s actually a 35C which should be capable of at least 180A. So I have no idea why the motor runs hotter on that battery than my zeee 6000mah 80C.

I just wanted to add an observation I made the other night. It involves a possible reason a motor could overheat. Now that I have a brushless system, it requires more amps than the brushed system. Using a 2s 5200 mah 25C lipo runs the motor hotter than the 2s with an 80C rating. Why? That battery can’t discharge enough amps, or maybe its volts. Either way not enough of one leads to too much of the other. Amps go down, volts go up, volts go down amps go up. It’s just my theory, but doing the math..... that 25C rating leaves me a bit short on amp supply.
More resistance can cause more heat. if the Zee pack is newer that could be part of it, if the Zee pack has bigger gauge leads on it that could be part of it. If the other batteries connector is producing more resistance for some reason that could be part of it. Generally speaking though there shouldnt be that much difference in temps between the two if any. Any possibility it was a fluke or is this something youve reproduced multiple times?

My mistake it’s actually a 35C which should be capable of at least 180A. So I have no idea why the motor runs hotter on that battery than my zeee 6000mah 80C.
Even at 25C it should be fine for a Losi 22SCT

More resistance can cause more heat. if the Zee pack is newer that could be part of it, if the Zee pack has bigger gauge leads on it that could be part of it. If the other batteries connector is producing more resistance for some reason that could be part of it. Generally speaking though there shouldnt be that much difference in temps between the two if any. Any possibility it was a fluke or is this something youve reproduced multiple times?

Even at 25C it should be fine for a Losi 22SCT
Both batteries are pretty new, I haven’t even had them for a year. Both have xt90 plugs. Both 12awg leads, and yes it has been reproduced a few times, I have a habit of checking motor temps now.

Both batteries are pretty new, I haven’t even had them for a year. Both have xt90 plugs. Both 12awg leads, and yes it has been reproduced a few times, I have a habit of checking motor temps now.
Thats really strange cuz all things being equal, and they seem pretty, close there shouldnt really be any difference. IDK what to say on that one man 🤷‍♂️

Back