XMAXX lipo? Adapter for use with traxxas charger?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking at Zee lipos for me Xmaxx.They have ec5 connectors, but I want to use my Traxxas charger. I see adapters for every imaginable combination except for what I want.
I could buy another charger, but I'm somewhat frugal.
Thanks

Not able to charge anything on the newer Traxxas ID chargers except Traxxas ID LiPos as far as I'm aware. They make an adapter to charge Traxxas ID batteries on stand chargers but not the other way around.

I would not buy Zeee LiPos btw. If you want good budget friendly LiPos look at Liperior, CHNL G+ series (not the racing series), Regular old Turnigy, or Zippy Compact. Best bang for the buck LiPos out right now.

the 1st id chargers had a panel on front you could popoff to access a balance plug to charger a non Id battery with a id plug on them. that option no longer exists. you already own a zee so to late to correct that mistake.
new charger
different lipo

Somewhat frugal and LiPo charging don't go together well. Buying cheap for either the charger or battery is just a waste of money. But as Grey mentioned, there are really good budget friendly LiPo batteries out there.

I'm looking at Zee lipos for me Xmaxx.They have ec5 connectors, but I want to use my Traxxas charger. I see adapters for every imaginable combination except for what I want.
I could buy another charger, but I'm somewhat frugal.
Thanks
Does the charger still have the balance plug cover under the battery outlet? If the charger doesn't have the balance plug. Sorry you won't be able to charge regular lipos on that charger. You might have to make your own adapter though..

It is possible to charge non Traxxas lipo if charger has balance ports and you have an adapter, but from my experience sometimes charger finds some error and refuse to charge some batteries. With 10 scale vehicles I have found that Traxxas batteries work the best, they are double the price than Amazon specials, but I would say 2 and 3s packs are worth it. 4s Traxxas battery is very expensive, so I would definitely use third party.

Like graywolf said, chnl are good, hobbyking as well, but my personal choice are liperior, just because I think the provide the best value for money and quality is comparable to chnl. But you have to double check your battery compartment and battery size, because they have some batteries that are not a standard size and bulky, so they will not fit some vehicles

If you search 'EC5 to TRX adapter' on Amazon, they are there.
Power connection is easy, balance connection... if the Teaxxas Charger doesn't have the covered generic socket, you're out of luck.

Back