Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m afraid I got a little carried away while trying out my new drill😁
6616506C-48BD-456B-99C3-A5951FD552F7.jpeg

That's a lot of wrenching you got ahead of you.
I have the same bumper, excellent for collecting weeds.

Finished up the last of the decals for my VTA. I also widened the front end a bit with some wider hexes. I also installed a receiver and a new servo, and adjusted all the trims, end points, etc. Then I just very lightly wiped the body down with a very soft microfiber to get all my fingerprints off lol.

IMG_3632.jpg
IMG_3633.jpg
IMG_3634.jpg
IMG_3635.jpg

I really like that body!
That's what she said... :happy:
I moved my LCG chassis to my Slash, and used the HCG chassis to setup a (Rash) Road-Slash 4x4... linked it to my GT5 radio. I reverted my Associated MT10 to monster truck form, as the two Slash 4x4s (and the Rally) have me covered for milder, open terrain, while the Hoss was getting lonely as the only stunt-truck in the rack.

Then I started on the Rustler chassis, got the motor mount, receiver box, ESC and Motor mounted... assembled the A-arms with a set of HD carriers from the Raptor R. I got a set of the blue HD shock towers, and now I'm just waiting on the three diffs to complete it. I have bulk-heads, skids, links etc. I'm going to use Losi Pro shocks on this one, as I've been happy with them on some other models.

Last edited:
Installing a V6 bellcrank on a V5. Does it meet the hype? We'll find out tomorrow.

I couldn't resist and added a driver's side windshield wiper today after getting a tamiya 1:10 scale accessory kit at my LHS. It was common for these types of race cars to have only a driver's side mirror and windshield wiper back then. Now I just need to figure out a way to attach a shorty lipo to the chassis since the holder I have for this car doesn't tightly hold a shorty pack.

GDIL_1QWsAASxyU.jpg
IMG_3637.jpg

My aplogies for posting twice, but I had an "aha!" moment for the battery situation. I completely forgot I had some random straps laying around so I used one and wrapped it over the battery in the corresponding holes in the chassis and it worked!

IMG_3638.jpg

Nice start, it looks good so far.

I don't recognise the motor, the shiny driveshafts, or the drive cups, what are they?

Last edited:
Nice start, it looks good so far.

I don't recognise the motor, the shiny driveshafts, or the drive cups, what are they?
Thank you sir. Motor is a old classic xmaxx 1600XL that i polished, same with the shafts and outdrives etc 🥰

Spent the morning dragging ( no pun intended :rolleyes: ) these out of the attic. Been a while since they've been on the bench, or even seen the light of day for that matter.

Blue car is my 26" long-wheelbase R4E switchblade chassis, circa 2009-2010. May (or may not) proceed with a no-prep rear clip build for it. Still not sure I want to do that. But anyway, got them down for a look-see. Will do a no-prep project thread if going ahead. Cheers. 'AC'

20240107_123618_edit_resize.jpg

Woah
Haven't seen too many RC drag / funny cars like those alot.
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, David. Built my own drag racing chassis back then. They were a bit unique. Both full-prep electric top fuel class. Brush motors and 8-cell NiMh soldered-up matched loose cell battery packs. Fellow racer C-N-Cd the RR motor/axle mounts. Fabricated my own 6061 axles from a jig made by (again) my fellow RC drag racer, Ricky. Sprinkling of other parts here there from RC drag racing cottage industries. All came together to form a fairly good effort.

Orange car an earlier R2E chassis ran third nationally in points 2008. Blue car campaigned locally and never raced regionally or nationally. Top fuel got too fast for me. Thinking now the blue car must have run in 2.50sec Index/Break-out Class. Set-up sheets are still up in the attic. 'AC'

20240107_140808_edit_resize.jpg

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, David. Built my own drag racing chassis back then. They were a bit unique. Both full-prep electric top fuel class. Brush motors and 8-cell NiMh soldered-up matched loose cell battery packs. Fellow racer C-N-Cd the RR motor/axle mounts. Fabricated my own 6061 axles from a jig made by (again) my fellow RC drag racer, Ricky. Sprinkling of other parts here there from RC drag racing cottage industries. All came together to form a fairly good effort.

Orange car an earlier R2E chassis ran third nationally in points 2008. Blue car campaigned locally and never raced regionally or nationally. Top fuel got too fast for me. Thinking now the blue car must have run in 2.50sec Index/Break-out Class. Set-up sheets are still up in the attic. 'AC'

View attachment 178569
Those are badass dude!

Went through and checked ALL of my lipos to ensure they were still at storage voltage as some haven't been used for quite some time. Not the most exciting job but for safety and battery longevity, I felt it needed to be done.

To my surprise, I hadn't forgotten to storage charge any and most were within 0.05v of 3.8volts. It was mainly the HRB/Yowoo batteries that had drained, in some cells.

20240108_155101.jpg

Do you storage charge to 3.8 or 3.85v?