Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We love it and would really like to restore it with the exact paint job.
Here's my toys..
I also have two Polaris Sportsman 500s and I really enjoy wrenching on them.
I do all the repairs and service them like clockwork.

IMG_1009.JPG

I'll get pictures tomorrow.
I'm using an air tight fish food container. Inside I have an empty small soup can that the wheel is laying on top of.
I figured pics weren't really necessary, but I like posting pics. The acetone fume method works awesome!
Now, I got 3 more to go.
It was stupid simple, nearly effortless, and it came out super clean!
0914211523.jpg
0914211526.jpg

On my TMaxx Classic - I put the transmission back together and reinstalled it and the engine, then worked on the left front alignment. I still need to replace the Bulk Head, but I should be able to run it until I get it, it seems pretty stable.

Yesterday, after a day of shooting Sporting Clay's, I stopped by HobbyTown and picked up some parts for the TMaxx and ordered some they were out of. Then I came home and replaced brakes on all four corners of the F150.

I figured pics weren't really necessary, but I like posting pics. The acetone fume method works awesome!
Now, I got 3 more to go.
It was stupid simple, nearly effortless, and it came out super clean!
View attachment 132659View attachment 132660
Last night, I tried to mount the Canyon Trails onto the classic white rims on my Redcat Scout, but no go. Just couldn't get the outer half to mount. Not sure if it's because of the dressing of the wheel or that the Canyon Trails weren't designed for beadlock type wheels.🙁
0906211639c.jpg

Bummer, I really wanted these tires on the Scout.

Last night, I tried to mount the Canyon Trails onto the classic white rims on my Redcat Scout, but no go. Just couldn't get the outer half to mount. Not sure if it's because of the dressing of the wheel or that the Canyon Trails weren't designed for beadlock type wheels.🙁
View attachment 133087
Bummer, I really wanted these tires on the Scout.
That's weird, I've mounted ct's to a few different beadlock wheels. I didn't try with my gen8 wheels, though

That's weird, I've mounted ct's to a few different beadlock wheels. I didn't try with my gen8 wheels, though
Did you remove the CT from premade wheels or bought them as just tires?
If premade, how did you remove them?

Just tires from sport kits. I haven't tried removing them from glued wheels yet. Maybe I should- we just had a thread posted last week on that...
I mentioned the method of using acetone fumes. It works great in removing the glue with hardly any effort, just a lot of waiting time.
I'm thinking it's just the design of the aftermarket wheels I got. I'll have to try them on another brand of aftermarket beadlock wheels.

Winter is coming around ,so I am going to start wrenchin on a Mgt. for a winter RC basher!..:cool:
Today I will be doing some break down on an RC to de commission it for awhile an rob a few
parts off of it until I get more parts for what I need ,mainly servo's an another engine!

Engine choice will be maybe the LRP 32 or that new Hobao Hyper 30 ,but more than likely
the Hyper 30 , because of LRP carb issue thing!..:thumbs-up:

So started to put back together the Duratrax MT yesterday. This morning got the front end on. And now on to the rear. Need to get head gasket for the engine. But she already looks 100% better then when I got her. Also found a blue chassis for 30 after tax and shipping. So of course i had to get it.. Will post up pics in my restoration thread but here's a pre view... Definitely need to get different springs for shocks. Don't like the orange ones😝😝
1632057881019902293530814540864.jpg

Nice job bro. It's just amazing how incredible these rigs look when they are new or all cleaned up.

Blue chassis looks good! :thumbs-up:
Thanks bud the pinkish purple one. Wasn't doing it for me.. when insaw the blue one I had too. Sad part some as*hat has the same one on Ebay for 80$.. i was shocked to see that... then saw this and jumped all over it .🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁

The only thing I'll be wrenching today is wrenching on the little lever on the side of my recliner and watching the 49ers vs. Eagles.

The only thing I'll be wrenching today is wrenching on the little lever on the side of my recliner and watching the 49ers vs. Eagles.
Please tell me your a 49ers Gan please 🤔😉😉