Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trailered my dad's 69 Camino home from winnett today. Took some wrenching on the trailer, and the car to get it all secure and legal on the trailer. I'm still kinda in awe of the thing. Plenty of work to do before I can drive it, but it's got huge potential.
20210912_154107.jpg
20210912_160531.jpg

Trailered my dad's 69 Camino home from winnett today. Took some wrenching on the trailer, and the car to get it all secure and legal on the trailer. I'm still kinda in awe of the thing. Plenty of work to do before I can drive it, but it's got huge potential.
View attachment 132522View attachment 132523

Is that paint that Vintage burgundy?.. :cool:
Here was mine ,I bought a whole gallon of it to paint my truck quite a few years ago it was a
single stage paint ,but it made the truck look good for a work truck!.. :cool:

I have never tried this either. So I would be curious to see your results and how you set it up.
Yesterday, after only 12hrs, the exposed part of where the tire and rim meets, was easily detached. The glue is now goopy, like rubber cement, but the deepest part of the tire, inside the rim was still bonded.
I recapped the container and left it to "soak" in the fumes for another day.
Today, I was able to completely remove one side of the tire. The glued area was completely intact, and clean. The other side of the tire released only about 1/4. I removed the foam and turned the tire inside out. So, one side of the tire is no longer touching the rim at all. I figure this would maximize the still bonded area to to full exposure to the fumes. I'll check on it again, tomorrow after work. So far, it's working great!

Yesterday, after only 12hrs, the exposed part of where the tire and rim meets, was easily detached. The glue is now goopy, like rubber cement, but the deepest part of the tire, inside the rim was still bonded.
Today, I was able to completely remove one side of the tire. The glued area was completely intact, and clean. The other side of the tire released only about 1/4. I removed the foam and turned the tire inside out. So, one side of the tire is no longer touching the rim at all. I figure this would maximize the still bonded area to to full exposure to the fumes. I'll check on it again, tomorrow after work. So far, it's working great!
Good to hear!

I am getting ready to wrench on the TMaxx. Just got done ordering front and rear pads and one rear rotor for my King Ranch. When those parts come in I will be wrenching on that.

I did a little bit of wrenching. I started my Xmaxx build.
I have the chassis, front bulkhead, receiver box, top brace, all screwed together and waiting on the bearing kit to show up Wednesday.
I have other parts but they won't be installed until I can make another order in a couple of weeks.

So how are you setting up the container with the tire and acetone in it? I have some like new Pro-Lines on some busted up wheels I need to do this to. Got any pics?

So how are you setting up the container with the tire and acetone in it? I have some like new Pro-Lines on some busted up wheels I need to do this to. Got any pics?
I'll get pictures tomorrow.
I'm using an air tight fish food container. Inside I have an empty small soup can that the wheel is laying on top of.

I'm using an air tight fish food container. Inside I have an empty small soup can that the wheel is laying on top of.
Oh, ok. Much simpler than I was thinking. No need for pics lol. I'm going to start some tomorrow. Thanks!

Thats is awesome. I've seen the videos as well. I always wondered. I'm glad to hear it works. Nice job man.. 👍👍

I have an 85' Ford I'm going to start restoring one of these days. She runs great, sounds awesome and has nice somewhat new wheels and tires but she desperately needs a paint job. So expensive anymore.

I have an 85' Ford I'm going to start restoring one of these days. She runs great, sounds awesome and has nice somewhat new wheels and tires but she desperately needs a paint job. So expensive anymore.
How bads the paint chiped or faded. If just faded. You can buff it out to show room finish

I've done a 69' Mach l , but that was a long time ago and it's long gone.
Don't worry, my ex-wife is recovering nicely...

How bads the paint chiped or faded. If just faded. You can buff it out to show room finish
No, it's bad. The hood and the top of the cap looks like it was one of those very cheap $250 and you will have it tomorrow paint jobs.
It's facial rust and isn't deep into the metal. There is a few dents and probably needs a new right front fender.