Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Doom! - what did we tell you about sticking things in the wrong hole? 😜

I need to get this Slash Stang build done so I can get back on the SCX24 train. I have been seriously slacking.

I'm gonna have to get in on this scx24 craze!
Yes you are! Once I get this current project done, it's on to the SCX24's again, and soon, the Bandit/Pinto no-prep build.

Got the body done for the Slash and doing some final test fitting before opening up the body mount holes. I am ordering some more decal sheets to finish the look.
20211227_142241.jpg

Gonna grab a few of these sheets.
Screenshot_20211228-073142_eBay.jpg

Yes you are! Once I get this current project done, it's on to the SCX24's again, and soon, the Bandit/Pinto no-prep build.

Got the body done for the Slash and doing some final test fitting before opening up the body mount holes. I am ordering some more decal sheets to finish the look.
View attachment 139735

Gonna grab a few of these sheets.
View attachment 139734

That's a really nice build!

Thanks. It figures, as we are getting close to finishing it, the crappy weather moves in 🤬

That's what happened when I got the widemaxx kit installed 🤣. Rained a decent amount over 3 days and finally got cold (for us on the coast).

I'm trying to put a new esc motor in my 10.2. Its a game of quicksand. One nut cause the screw to strip. In the end, I tore down my whole front for a rusted nut. It caused the screw to strip and now the nut.

So I guess I'm working on getting angry. 🤣🤣

I'm not exactly sure if it's called wrenching or not but I poured plaster of Paris last night in a Baja body so I can vacuum mold my own. If it works out ok then I'll start building the vacuum mold machine today.

Finally got a break to begin wrenching on the R1E street rod upgrade. Routine maintenance on the front shocks, but gotta start somewhere. Matched shock lengths using a home-made tool. Affixed RPM purple lower cups for some bling. They've been in the pit box for years. Time they see some service. Today the rears get done. . . hopefully. Cheers. 'AC'

Attachments

• 20211228_153237_shock tool.jpg
    20211228_153237_shock tool.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 16
Decided to go ahead and get Breydon's Ryft cage dyed. Initially planned on orange to red fade, but the Rit Tangerine dye combined with the light grey plastic came out a very cool gold color. I'm actually pretty stoked with the color. Going to do the rear with Scarlet red, then lightly do a few dips in black to darken the red. The camera makes this look more orange, but in person, it looks like a reddish gold.
20211229_101545.jpg

Finally got a break to begin wrenching on the R1E street rod upgrade. Routine maintenance on the front shocks, but gotta start somewhere. Matched shock lengths using a home-made tool. Affixed RPM purple lower cups for some bling. They've been in the pit box for years. Time they see some service. Today the rears get done. . . hopefully. Cheers. 'AC'
That's a mighty fancy measuring tool you've concocted there, Sir! ;)
Decided to go ahead and get Breydon's Ryft cage dyed. Initially planned on orange to red fade, but the Rit Tangerine dye combined with the light grey plastic came out a very cool gold color. I'm actually pretty stoked with the color. Going to do the rear with Scarlet red, then lightly do a few dips in black to darken the red. The camera makes this look more orange, but in person, it looks like a reddish gold.
View attachment 139758
How deep do these Rit dye typically penetrate, on these type of plastics?

Last edited:
That's a mighty fancy measuring tool you've concocted there, Sir! ;)

How deep do these Rit dye typically penetrate, on these type of plastics?
It depends on how long you let the stuff soak. It is deep enough that light scuffs and scratches don't show.

Last edited:
Both problems solved, I got the snow plowed at my house and my sisters place, and I called the tire company and they brought me a battery and changing it.
Here soon I can go buy me a new shop vac but that is one problem I couldn't solve; I need a new one.

@WickedFog Something to be careful with when you dye plastic, is if it sits for any length of time resting against another piece of plastic the color can leach into the other plastic. (I've had this problem with parts in storage bins that came in contact with each other)

I really like that color! Gonna be cool looking for sure once you get the red on it. The badge looks great too. :)

@WickedFog Something to be careful with when you dye plastic, is if it sits for any length of time resting against another piece of plastic the color can leach into the other plastic. (I've had this problem with parts in storage bins that came in contact with each other)

I really like that color! Gonna be cool looking for sure once you get the red on it. The badge looks great too. :)
Is there a sealer that you can dip plastic parts in? Not too worried on this one since its mostly going to be a shelf queen, but that's good to know.

The red is done brother. Well, it kinda came out a burnt reddish hue. I was going to go over the red with black, to try to achive a sort of maroon color, but I kinda like the color where it is. So I'm not sure if I will try to darken it. Breydon is taking a nap, so I'm going to let him decide when he wakes up 😉