Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some decals on
20211225_092802.jpg

20211225_092841.jpg

20211225_092848.jpg

I thought I had some 1/10 sponsor sheet decals, but the only ones I have are a tad too small. So I will have to order some.

I pulled the nose piece off of the baja and tried to strip the factory finish. I was able to strip it with paint remover but unfortunately it also ate into the plastic, so that was a huge fail.
I think I'm going to build a vacuum form and mold it myself.

Got the red shot on my wrangler body, and plasti dipped my dodge body accents. Mr pickles demamded my lap, so no photos at the moment. Hes a complete purr factory.
I pulled the nose piece off of the baja and tried to strip the factory finish. I was able to strip it with paint remover but unfortunately it also ate into the plastic, so that was a huge fail.
I think I'm going to build a vacuum form and mold it myself.
Dot 3 brake fluid.

Nitro fuel works, but makes the plastic brittle amd thin after a while.

Got the red shot on my wrangler body, and plasti dipped my dodge body accents. Mr pickles demamded my lap, so no photos at the moment. Hes a complete purr factory.

Dot 3 brake fluid.

Nitro fuel works, but makes the plastic brittle amd thin after a while.
I used to have a cat like that. He had a purr like a Huey helicopter 🤣 He was a total lap cat. But he had to dig his claws in whenever you pet him and he got that purr going good.

I used to have a cat like that. He had a purr like a Huey helicopter 🤣 He was a total lap cat. But he had to dig his claws in whenever you pet him and he got that purr going good.

This is my second brown tabby. Aside from my neighbors, thats the norm it seems. They throw fits and get aggressive, but can be loving. Almost like they are sour then sweet.

Up to date in my life time, I had 2 brown tsbbies, 2 grey tabbies, a couple calicos, orange tabby, 2 russian blues, some black and whites, a bird, 6 or 7 german shepards, 2 labs, lab rotti mix, pit dalmation mix?, red husky, malimute I think, dachsund thats off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

Attachments

• 20211119_211234.jpg
    20211119_211234.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20211225_192300.jpg
    20211225_192300.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 17
Holy moly, I did some wrenching today.....it's an after Christmas miracle! 😇

So today I worked on the green SCX24 Deadbolt. I thought I'd give the old inverted shock trick a try after hearing my arch nemesis @Xraycer did it. 😁

I took the front springs out and inverted the front shocks, then inverted the rear shocks. Mounted to the frame rail as per SCX24 wizard @Pat_ranch suggests.
PSX_20211226_145228.jpg

While I was in there I trimmed down my battery tray, Cut it almost in half right behind the velcro strip. This is temporary until I can make some longer wire leads, so I can move the battery and receiver positions.

This is how much I removed.
PSX_20211226_145305.jpg

Then end results of the shock mod are quite a bit more obvious than I expected. Here is the freshly modified green Deadbolt, next to Ogre unmodified shocks. Quite a bit of lift.

PSX_20211226_150955.jpg

I ran it over a few obstacles on the kitchen table and i'd say overall it was a successful modification. :)

Holy moly, I did some wrenching today.....it's an after Christmas miracle! 😇

So today I worked on the green SCX24 Deadbolt. I thought I'd give the old inverted shock trick a try after hearing my arch nemesis @Xraycer did it. 😁

I took the front springs out and inverted the front shocks, then inverted the rear shocks. Mounted to the frame rail as per SCX24 wizard @Pat_ranch suggests.
View attachment 139659

While I was in there I trimmed down my battery tray, Cut it almost in half right behind the velcro strip. This is temporary until I can make some longer wire leads, so I can move the battery and receiver positions.

This is how much I removed.
View attachment 139661

Then end results of the shock mod are quite a bit more obvious than I expected. Here is the freshly modified green Deadbolt, next to Ogre unmodified shocks. Quite a bit of lift.

View attachment 139662

I ran it over a few obstacles on the kitchen table and i'd say overall it was a successful modification. :)
Wrong hole!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You'll get better useful travel and performance if you put it in this hole....
20211226_164431.jpg

You'll get better useful travel and performance if you put it in this hole....
That's what she said!

I think it looks more pronounced because the Deadbolt body already sits so high.

My Deadbolts still has the mounting on the original locations.
I did move it to the same, new locations with my C10 to clear the RC4WD Patagonias.
1220210858.jpg
1220210859a.jpg
1220210859c.jpg

Last edited: