trx 3.3 in the maxx....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEGA MAXX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well done traxxas for bringing out a new bigger displacement engine.

this is just my opinion but here it goes.

the truck itself is basicly a revo without the fancy suspesion, and a larger displacement engine.

maybe they should have made the engine a big block to rival the savage.

I'm not sure what the tmaxx is for?

is it for racing? no the revo is made for the track.

is it a big torquey powerful monster truck? no, it has a small displacement engine, which has fairly poor low end power.

this new tmaxx is a bit of an oddity really, as i predict the price wont be far off the revo, and with hpi bringing out the savage x, to rival the revo, maybe traxxas should of made the tmaxx, to rival the savage 25 ltd?

the old 2.5 was a good engine once on the pipe which is normally high speed, wide open throttle on flat ground.

couldnt traxxas of just made the new engine a big block?

the revo owns the small block mt class of racing.

the savage owns the big block mt class.(aswell as being a tank!) i think the tmaxx has great potential to run in this class, if it didnt have a small block engine in!

just my opinion. i will sadly be leaving the traxxas scene as i wasn't too happy with my tmaxx, good truck just not for me.

Wow, the trx3.3 is $215, and trading in a pro15 it would be $130 plus the cost of the pro15... savin some money...

Well I got a blown TRX 2.5 I'm thinking of trading in for a 3.3 :) They said in the ad it doesn't matter how bad the motor is as long as it's got the parts to it....so maybe next month I'll have one. I'm still debating on the center diff...don't know enough on them.

As for what Tower wants for a stock 3.3...that is what my LHS wants for a 2.5 Revo :OMG: I was pretty amazed he even started carring them.

Ray

MEGA MAXX said:
the truck itself is basicly a revo without the fancy suspesion, and a larger displacement engine.

Isnt that basically a whole truck? I havnt had a revo yet, but I had a Tmaxx, and I would guess the Revo vs the maxx is a day and night differance.

Tmaxx was built as Traxxas's "Basher". The revo is also basher, but also has a touch of racer to it. The tmaxx is able to be competative racer as well after some money is dropped into it. I believe the Tmaxx is a good truck, but I feel its getting left behind in the nitro scene a lil bit.

the funny thing is that the only reall upgrade that did was upgrading the engine. from my experience with a .26 engine my trans went all the time, i think traxxas should upgrade the trans with steal gears.

and one other thing the diff did they upgrade that two.
If you up grade one thing you got to upgrade another and another.

I feel sorry for the people that buy the 3.3, they are going to spend more money in after market parts than they think.

SVORay said:
Don't the BB start around .21's?

Depends... There are the RB 323s which are a .23 in a small block case, then Ofna has a .26 in a small/mid block case... All depends on the engine, not necessarly the "size".

SVORay said:
Don't the BB start around .21's?

BB's in rc aren't like BB's in 1:1 cars. I believe for an engine in the 1:1 world to be a BB is that the distance of piston movement up/down (throw) is the same as or longer than the diameter of the piston. I could be backwards on that... but I think that's how it works.

For RC, it actually has to do with the size of the crank case itself. A BB crank case is longer and wider than a SB crank case.

I just got back from the LHS and they had a new Maxx 3.3 on the shelf. So I took a look. It is still the same as a 2.5 Maxx. Still has the same arms and shocks and the like. Traxxas has beefed up the bulkheads, and chassis braces and such. It is a gray type composit Traxxas claims is tougher than the old maxx. The turnbuckles are beefed up very nice, they looked to be 1/8 scale turnbuckles. The diffs are still unsealed. The only thing it shares with the Revo, is the tranny, the tallon tires, the optidrive unit, and the drive shafts. Traxxas beefed up the chasiss too. I mean really beefed it up. If that thing has flex, it isn't much. The other thing is the Maxx comes with new wheels, and a wheelie bar! Oh, and it has a .19 mill. IT is not a racer, but a very capable basher right out of the box. It would be alot of fun to drive, but other than that, it needs alot of work to be a racer. Just my :2cents:

Tom

I thinkn they also are using the revo axle carriers with the larger bearings.

I just bought RPM for my revo off of ebay...

olds97_lss said:
I thinkn they also are using the revo axle carriers with the larger bearings.

I just bought RPM for my revo off of ebay...

Yes Olds you are right... sorry I missed that. The truck would have been a great improvement if they could have only sealed the diffs.

Tom