trx 3.3 in the maxx....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hope that traxxas upgraded the trans, i wonder how it holds up

i was at hobbytown today and was looking at the new maxx and they are alot like the previous version ,but like was said all the plastics are grey instead of the black ,the tranny case looked smaller and more compact ,the receiver box is a little bigger to hold the optidrive unit and the 3.3 is huge compared to the 2.5 it may not be bigger then the original 2.5 maxx but it sure looks wider and alittle longer
dont think i will rush out and buy 1 thoe simply because i have my savage and i am in love with it and i still have stuff i want to do to it yet ,

no matter how much you beef up the t-maxx there are still the weakpoints in its design. Those plastic bottom braces will still flex on impact, and those 4 screws where the bulks attach to the chassis will still make it prone to bending or snapping on hard impact. Also, the skids are still the only thing attaching the bulks to the bottom braces which also allows them to flex. the 3.3 will be a stronger truck no doubt but if you're going to be bashing hard you'll still need to sink a lot of money into it.