traxxas stempede vs traxxas x max

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its $230 for the brushed 2WD Stampede and it comes with a NiMH battery and a crappy charger. If its all you can afford to get your foot in the door then thats fine. You can always make upgrades as you go. The Brushless 2WD VXL Stampede is $330 and personally Id go for that one between these two although the $330 does not included a lipo battery or a charger. You can get a brushed 4WD Stampede as well as a brushless VXL 4WD Stampede but they are even more although if you can afford it most people generally prefer the 4WD models.

I personally wouldnt get too hung up on the whole this one is more durable than that one as long as what you're looking at is hobby grade. Theyre all gonna break and have various issues. They make after market parts that will typically fix any weak spots a particular rig may have.
yeah i dont wanna get a 2WD imma save for a 4WD

yeah i dont wanna get a 2WD imma save for a 4WD
I recommend a Granite 4x4 3s over the Traxxas Stampede 4x4. The Granite gives you the best bang for your buck durability and speed.

Yeah, 4wd cars are way easier to drive, but 2wd cars are pretty fun too. IDK if it's just me, but I prefer my Slash 2wd over my Slash 4x4. On a 2wd, since only the rear wheels brake, it's pretty fun to use it like an e-brake to make super sharp turns (and drift around on low-traction surfaces). It's also more agile, and a lot cheaper to maintain. With that said, 4wds are much more planted, especially offroad, so you can't go wrong with either.

Yeah, 4wd cars are way easier to drive, but 2wd cars are pretty fun too. IDK if it's just me, but I prefer my Slash 2wd over my Slash 4x4. On a 2wd, since only the rear wheels brake, it's pretty fun to use it like an e-brake to make super sharp turns (and drift around on low-traction surfaces). It's also more agile, and a lot cheaper to maintain. With that said, 4wds are much more planted, especially offroad, so you can't go wrong with either.
If your 4x4 is powerful enough, you can drift and powerslide, my Typhon 3s can easily powerslide and drift on loose dirt and the street! My Slash 2wd on the other hand tips over and flips super easily, I need to get the lcg chassis.

If your 4x4 is powerful enough, you can drift and powerslide, my Typhon 3s can easily powerslide and drift on loose dirt and the street! My Slash 2wd on the other hand tips over and flips super easily, I need to get the lcg chassis.
Well, rear-wheel braking makes it easier to break traction and slide, but both 2wd and 4wd are fun, each in their own respects.

I would not get the Xmaxx as a first rc. It’s a huge truck that is big money to buy right from the start. Try a stampede vxl 4x4 or even the new Hoss 4x4. Heck I’ve been into rc a long while and I’m thinking to sell my Xmaxx as it’s difficult for me to find places to run such a large scale. I’ve been thinking about trying the Hoss out for a winter rc

Back