Traxxas Lipo Batteries: 3S 5000, 4S 6700

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMS

U.S. Army Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Objectively, I bought these batteries as I own an X Maxx and TRX 4 (plus the charger recommended by the shop).

Being somewhat new to RC, I went with the Traxxas setup as I bought Traxxas trucks due to the wide availability of accessories.

Are there any advantages to aftermarket LiPo batteries? I’m just trying to learn from those who have more time in the hobby.

Objectively, I bought these batteries as I own an X Maxx and TRX 4 (plus the charger recommended by the shop).

Being somewhat new to RC, I went with the Traxxas setup as I bought Traxxas trucks due to the wide availability of accessories.

Are there any advantages to aftermarket LiPo batteries? I’m just trying to learn from those who have more time in the hobby.
The only real advantages that I can think of would be theres a lot of lipos out there that will give you the same or even better performance than the traxxas lipos for less money. Traxxas lipos over overpriced imo. The other advantage is you're not locked in to using Traxxas lipo chargers. There are a lot of better chargers on the market that have more features like being able to cycle lipos and read the internal resistance of the cells.

Traxxas's smart ID charging system is attractive to new users but most seasoned hobbyists dont give a flip about that. The non smart lipos are just as easy to use. You just have to connect 2 plugs instead of one. 🤷‍♂️ Other brands like Spektrum have also come up with their own proprietary systems but I for one dont like being locked in to proprietary systems.

I agree, I think Traxxas batteries are way overpriced, good batteries but overpriced.
I use Zeee and really like them.

Thank you Greywolf and Tunedpipe.

As always, learning as one goes along in the process.

I agree with them both about Traxxas batteries. They were made so to make it easier on the new person or younger kids charging their batteries. As you onlybhave to plug into charger and hit the start button. Which is nice and safe. But there are better lipos at a much cheaper price. I'm dieing to see and read some test reports on lipos.😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍
And Spektrum isn't any better imo. 😆. And wayyy over priced. A 5000mah 50c any non smart like 30-$$$. Spektrum. Is 70-75$
That's because they have a micro chip in their batteries. Bit that only works with the spectrum esc. It's their smart technology

Last edited:
I have Traxxas 2s batteries and they are good batteries. I also have SMC Graphene 3s batteries and they are smaller and lighter than the traxxas 2s lipo batteries which is amazing. I use a Traxxas dual charger for both and it works great for me.

Back