Thinking About Buying...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
An Axial EXO Buggy, has anyone had their hands on one or has driven one?

Need to know pros and cons along with setups.

------------------

If I do choose this route, whats a good brushed setup that is pretty fast?

I dont use Lipo anymore so this will be a Nimh charged rig.

Thanks guys.

Personally I have never driven one, but the guy at my LHS swears that it is the best rig he has ever built.

They look sick.
axic9015-3-tower.jpg

I got one ordered, I'm so stoked

I was looking at the Exo myself. I thought about using a CC SCT brushless setup. My lhs is still trying to convince me I need one lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzg-l6hxMN4"]Axial Exo Terra REVIEW: Vid 1- Unboxing, Initial Review - YouTube[/ame]

I was looking at the Exo myself. I thought about using a CC SCT brushless setup. My lhs is still trying to convince me I need one lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Go get it brotha, we can be the only 2 on RCNT to have them :D

I actually have the CC SV2 4700kv combo with a CKRC basic steering servo.

I may cut my throat on my nitros to sell and dump it into the EXO

Awesome bro. The exo looks killer and should be tough as nails. Can't wait to hear all about it. I've read that the drivetrain can easily handle 1/8th scale esc/motor combos.

Yeah I have heard they kick the Apache Fluxs ass all around, well according to URC on YouTube.

But I am so freaking stoked, the EXO had me at the front end.

Having built an SCX-10, I would go with Axial again without a bit of hesitation.

Having built an SCX-10, I would go with Axial again without a bit of hesitation.

Thats the main reason I got it, after the compsosite change with the Wraith and actually owning one, I had to get an EXO knowing the composites are the same and durable as hell!

Not sure what route I want to go with it though as far as what it will be

Has anyone heard of some aftermarket upgrades for exo such as m.i.p. steel drives or r.p.m. upgrades? I'm working on a setup for it to handle a c.c. mamba max or maybe a tekin setup to put the power to the ground, but I'm not sure the stock setup can handle it. Any feedback on the stock drivetrain's limit?

The stock SCX-10 will handle a Fuze SCT brushless and 2s LiPo with absolutely no problem.

The only real vast line of Axial upgrades is GH, HR, MIP, Vanquish, STRC, and maybe one or 2 more.

Axials new composite they use for there rigs is VERY strong, I have put alot of abuse onto Axials new composites with a few differant rigs.

So I think your fine with the stock setup.

Axial does make hardened driveshafts though for a start, and diff gears.

Back