The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@WickedFog Dude, this sucks royally, I know you were excited to get the replacement board. :(
The replacement board hasn't arrived yet. I pulled a power supply out of another printer because I was impatient. And that led to me doing more damage. But I hope another $30 purchase fixes it. But who knows. Just going to have to replace one part at a time. It puts a stop to my trailer build though. It died right in the middle of printing some redesigned parts.

I smoked the Cush gear housing on my Xmaxx.

View attachment 146657
I've always wanted to know, what exactly is a "cush gear"/"cush drive" system? Is it some kind of slipper, center diff system?
Broke a $1000 3d printer and no idea what is wrong with it now. I wanna cry 😭😭😭
Oh no! Wha' happened-oh, wait, you don't know! What printer is it? Also, how many printers do you run, Kevin? I've heard the Prusa MK3s (I think) are really reliable and print well (and they're under $1K, IIRC).

Pot Blaze It GIF by ADWEEK

The replacement board hasn't arrived yet. I pulled a power supply out of another printer because I was impatient. And that led to me doing more damage. But I hope another $30 purchase fixes it. But who knows. Just going to have to replace one part at a time. It puts a stop to my trailer build though. It died right in the middle of printing some redesigned parts.
That sucks man! When a tool breaks during a project, it's extra frustrating! Your story reminded me of one of my friends, about two months back, he and his family were trying to rig up one of their RC plane radios or something to their TV/game system so he could try a flight simulator, the plug didn't fit into the radio/game system (can't remember which). So they went on Amazon, and bought a new or adapter plug. That came, only fit in one end. So they ordered a second one, that fit into the other end, but not also into the 1st plug. So they got a 3rd one, same story. Eventually, they bought in total like 4 plugs/adapters, and had to daisy chain 3 or 4 plugs together just to make it work 🤣🤣
I broke my coffee all over the sidewalk.View attachment 146666
That's it, you killed the coffee! 🤣🤣 You didn't break the mug/cup that it was in, too, right? Hope you didn't get any on your rig...speaking of which, looks very interesting! What is that smaller purple shock doing, hanging off the front or rear bumpy?

Well this is what I almost broke. I almost broke myself.
We went kayak fishing this morning and the kayak fishing was incredible but the kayak performance was not good.
I rolled kayak in very cold water, but luckily some guys at the boat dock threw me a line and they pulled me in.
It's extremely how shockingly quickly our bodies stiffen up when the water is cold. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it.
I also lost three fishing poles, two tackle boxes, prescriptions glasses, ready glasses, and my out of state license.
Another boater rescued my our and my hat, plus a lady at the dock ran up to grab my wife.
I've never been so scared in all of my life.

I saved the Crappie though...:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

IMG_0356.JPG

YES, for sure life jacket. Well within reach anyways. :eek: The crappie is most important lol

Take a snag line out there and get your stuff back. Glad you are ok man.

I am but not until i install some stabilizers. I just noticed I'm missing an expensive life vest also.

Well I'm new so I tend to break a bunch of stuff when I go out. Yesterday I blew out the front left shock, broke the wheelie bar off and then the control unit thing started smoking. That last one made me call Traxxas support and they're sending me a new one so that's cool.
- Stampede VXL

Well I'm new so I tend to break a bunch of stuff when I go out. Yesterday I blew out the front left shock, broke the wheelie bar off and then the control unit thing started smoking. That last one made me call Traxxas support and they're sending me a new one so that's cool.
- Stampede VXL
Get yourself a set of aluminum shock caps and that issue will be taken care of. If you stay with plastic, it will happen often.

I used to have problems with blowing off the cap until I upgraded to aluminum. I haven't had a single issue yet.
See, not even a day and I'm already learning. Thanks!
Everybody in here is willing to help, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.

Broke the tip on an airbrush. Tiny tiny threaded fittings on these things.
I've stripped the inside threads on a rotary tool's bit shank, so the cutting disk, which was secured by a little screw, just spun freely, completely useless. I decided in the end to just super glue the hole assembly together, shank, screw, and cutting disk, and hoped that the superglue would give the sccrew enough purchase before bonding to screw the screw in snugly. It worked, it's not pretty, but the cutting disk now works fine, and is not spinning at all on that shank. True, now I can't change the cutting disk, when it gets dull, but I'll just buy a better cutting disk and shank set when I cross that bridge, so to speak. Plus, at least I'm getting use out of the assembly again now, rather than it just sitting in my little rotary tool bit case.

Edit: I just realized you're probably wondering why the heck I told you this, it's because your story with the airbrush reminded me of this!

This morning I stopped at a second-hand store and bought a cheap full suspension mountain bike.
I am going to completely rebuild it and only use the frame.
I bought this stuff today also.
Wheels
Sprocket
Disc brakes
Removal tool

wheels.jpg
brakes.jpg
sprocket.jpg
removal  tool.jpg

Oppss sorry guys, once again I put this in the wrong thread.
OH well, the bike was broke...:D

Back