The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some minor front end damage on the Sledge after making contact with a tree... 🌳
busted003.jpg

busted001.jpg

Some minor front end damage on the Sledge after making contact with a tree... 🌳
busted003.jpg

busted001.jpg
Oh no! You got the new Sledge, huh? You might be one of the first on the forum to get it, and probably the first on the forum to break it! I actually haven't seen any YTers break it yet, looks like you'll need to a new upper "tie-rod", and you'll be back in action! Is the bolt that attached the broken end of the tie-rod snapped? Should be a quick and dirty fix, 5 min should be enough! Just look at your dog, just itching to do some wrenching on the Sledge with you! You might also wanna get a spare upper front tie-rod for future carnage!

Oh no! You got the new Sledge, huh? You might be one of the first on the forum to get it, and probably the first on the forum to break it! I actually haven't seen any YTers break it yet, looks like you'll need to a new upper "tie-rod", and you'll be back in action! Is the bolt that attached the broken end of the tie-rod snapped? Should be a quick and dirty fix, 5 min should be enough! Just look at your dog, just itching to do some wrenching on the Sledge with you! You might also wanna get a spare upper front tie-rod for future carnage!
5 min, that's what i initially thought. Then i seed the dog bone cup got somewhat busted too. Ordered a new cup but since i ain't got access to my tools, gonna try to get a few more runs outta the this cup before replacing it... :naughty:
dogboner.jpg

dogboner2.jpg

@stbob I hope you at least got some action out of it before it broke.
Yeah some, nothing crazy, just doing laps in a flat open field, with a couple of trees around the perimeter. The beast is fast and stable outta the box. The radio range is pretty far too...
The pic i took yesterday revealed mo' damage... :eek:
dogboner3.gif

EDIT: A couple extra pics... 📷
swedged02.jpg

swedged05.jpg

swedged03.jpg

Last edited:
5 min, that's what i initially thought. Then i seed the dog bone cup got somewhat busted too. Ordered a new cup but since i ain't got access to my tools, gonna try to get a few more runs outta the this cup before replacing it... :naughty:
dogboner.jpg

dogboner2.jpg
Uh, how is there a whole chunk of the diff output cup that's just gone?! Looks like part of the cup just got sheared off somehow, I'm thinking maybe when you hit that tree real hard, the whole right front A-arm assembly flex back, and the shaft of the right front CVD angled back as a result, and the part of the shaft near the drive ball joint thing hit the diff outdrive cup with enough strength behind it to just break that part of the cup off, I've never seen that happen before! I see that the right front arm says "RF", that must stand for "Right Front", so you won't get the arms mixed up when replacing them. I spy some damage on the front left A-arm insert screw hole...oh, never mind, you saw it too!

Well, go find your tools, they can't all be lost! Make sure to always return them to your tool box, pegboard, tool drawer, or wherever you keep your tools so you won't miss them! That reminds me, I still need to mount the small Ikea pegboard I got to my wall!

You might be able to get a few more runs out of that blow diff cup, but beware, you might finish the diff cup off and blow it to pieces when you wheelie or something, which could potentially damage the end of the CVD that was being driven by that damaged diff cup. So using the damaged cup for a few more runs *could* break other parts when it gives way.

Last edited:
Hey if your going to do it, do a good job! I hate when you keep finding more problems as you start taking it apart.

Yeah some, nothing crazy, just doing laps in a flat open field, with a couple of trees around the perimeter. The beast is fast and stable outta the box. The radio range is pretty far too...
The pic i took yesterday revealed mo' damage... :eek:
dogboner3.gif

EDIT: A couple extra pics... 📷
swedged02.jpg

swedged05.jpg

swedged03.jpg
Oh no, the right front A-arm is bent and cracked! I knew an, uh, aggressive encounter with a tree on 6s couldn't have only busted an upper tie-rod! Hope you can get it all fixed soon, does your trusty dog wrench with you? :)

Front lower warms and shocks, yet again, on my Arrma 3S build, front lower arms, hub, upper linkage, and bulkhead on my 2WD Slash, ruined the new BLX100 ESC on my Arrma 3S build when it flew into a pond by mistake (that was actually a few days ago though), and my GF completely destroyed her Bandit. Broke the chassis in half, stripped the diff, snapped the bulkhead, broke the steering bellcrank, stripped the diff, and broke both axles.

The first three words I thought we were going another route. 🤣

Sorry to hear that. I thought about tossing mine a few times, of course I'm so new to it I'm at village idiot level.
The PSU fried, so I replaced it, got the 7-pin connector in wrong somehow and fried the heater and/or thermistor in the hotend, so now I have to fix that. And my X and Y axis steppers are making a thumping noise now. I think it's totaled.

Might be time to replace bud.
I got this printer as a "reward" for Creality stealing my design and selling it. I could never afford to replace it. Even when I was working I wouldn't buy one. But I can slowly replace all the parts.

Back