The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brand new so got some cheaper stuff hoping to eventually have better tools, is just my starting point

I'm brand new so got some cheaper stuff hoping to eventually have better tools, is just my starting point
Good score. On the battery checker... there is one that also tests servos. If you already have that ordered, you might eventually grab this little bad boy. I love this thing:

OGRC RC Digital Servo Tester/ESC Consistency Tester for RC Helicopter Airplane Car(Servo Tester,ESC Consistency Tester,RC Helicopter Tester Tool) https://a.co/d/8wrQNsd

If you haven't placed your order, I would switch out your battery checker and grab this one:

FPVDrone RC CellMeter 8 Digital Battery Capacity Checker Battery Voltage Tester LCD Backlight for LiPo Life Li-ion NiMH Nicd https://a.co/d/ji19ZK6

These are great for centering your servos before installing into the car.

Soooo, picked up a bit of paint and a SRT d1 servo for the NTC3 project and got lucky on a bunch of NIB NTC3 parts for (approx.) $20 shipped, mostly screws ect, which I need:

2D48582A-D03B-4982-A580-D458DF443F60.jpeg

And then my next project arrived, going to be a tough one, but I had to… Kyosho GP Spider:
6B4496FE-D3F4-41AF-9757-A3028B96C73C.jpeg

Gears, Clutch are going to be interesting to try and find, but we will see ;)

Traded in my pop bottles and now have enough cash for a UDR... Now to find the time to visit the store. :bored:

If anybody else is waiting for a sale on them check a couple days after I pay full price... almost a sure thing. :hehe:

Meanwhile, I'll be looking at alternatives on-line, you know, just in case... :smug:

Traded in my pop bottles and now have enough cash for a UDR... Now to find the time to visit the store. :bored:

If anybody else is waiting for a sale on them check a couple days after I pay full price... almost a sure thing. :hehe:

Meanwhile, I'll be looking at alternatives on-line, you know, just in case... :smug:
UDR can be had from King Cobra for $630 w free shipping. Code: COBRA10 for 10% at checkout.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 7.30.55 PM.png

2 aluminum diff cases and a steel locker for my f450. If this locker goes, the second diff case goes in with some hd planetaries.

I got the red cnc pumpkin cover coming in this week.

Tomorrow I would be buying myself 25 bucks of a day of practice (11ish to 3ish for me) 😁
Got 23 bucks in my wallet. Anyone have an extra 2 bucks for me?

Today I had to scramble and order new shock caps for my 1RC. I'm in the middle of rebuilding the shocks. They're just a friction shock with an o ring on top of the shaft and you coat the o ring with some o ring grease. I personally use Team Associated's Green Slime. Anyways, the shock caps I have sit kinda loose on the shock bodies I use. Not exactly ideal. My LHS didn't have any so I had to spend a little more to get it in the mail faster. I have to skip racing this tuesday (today) anyways because I'm being forced to go to a dinner.

Untitled.png

IMG_3783.jpg

Set a record today..... I only spent $3 shipped with Amazon Prime for some samples of 3Mpolyvinyl wrap. I'm going to make some windshields and side windows for my unpaintable Basher Bodies.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 6.40.07 PM.png

Going to order some parts next week.

Losi aluminum rear pivot block - mini b
Hardware kit (in need of more 5.5mm nuts)
Slash offroad wheels/tires (cheap amazon ones)
Might put in a slipper clutch conversion kit for the buggy to try it out. Idk why but I feel like a slipper clutch would have less weight and rolling resistance over the center diff? Might tweak the stock kit setup as I'm back to clay / dirt. Not gonna be doing carpet for a while unless I drag my uncle for the last few weekends the local carpet track is open for the indoor season.

Laugh at me if you must but here is what I bought. I broke down and bought me a cheap treadmill because the truth is guys, my health is getting worse.
When I ride my bike I feel much better and I get the exercise I need. The problem is, it's still too cool or me to ride my bike so I bought a treadmill.
I can't walk down the hall without being so winded I can barely stand, so I am going to work on that.

Back