The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good news

A9922809-7C7F-4AC7-BC45-927DAEC1DB5D.jpeg

They were kinda hard to find, so I got 2 šŸ˜‚ (thinking a future slash project).

The badā€¦got email from place I ordered the bullet from, and I wonā€™t be getting it ā˜¹ļø I should have known better. Waiting to hear back from them, but I may just go ahead and get the Vorza šŸ˜.

The good news

View attachment 181509
They were kinda hard to find, so I got 2 šŸ˜‚ (thinking a future slash project).

The badā€¦got email from place I ordered the bullet from, and I wonā€™t be getting it ā˜¹ļø I should have known better. Waiting to hear back from them, but I may just go ahead and get the Vorza šŸ˜.
The HPI Vorza? My brother has one. That thing is a tank.

Just bought a Tekno EB410.2 from rctech.net

It's kinda odd.... so 90% of the posts on RCTech are all for sale posts but there's hardly any for sale posts here... why the differences?

It's kinda odd.... so 90% of the posts on RCTech are all for sale posts but there's hardly any for sale posts here... why the differences?
Well, RCTech is more popular and more oriented to offroad and onroad racers. Over here on RCTalk, it is less popular / known and its all overall RC.

I joined RCTech a year ago. I go on there once in a while just to search around. And relive some memories as the old tracks in the area, were posted on there and seeing all their discussions from like 10 years ago. Lol.

Just like the Arrma forum. AF is more popular and more well known, but more oriented to offroad and onroad bashers / speed runners that use Arrma.

Over here on RCTalk, it is less popular / known and its all overall RC.
Yeah... since here it's "overall" all RC I would think wider audience for selling things... but you're right there is less traffic here compared to rctech.

Just like the Arrma forum. AF is more popular and more well known

Ok I get this... but flip side the TeknoForum has very little traffic but huge following on facebook which shows there are plenty of drivers. Must just be awareness of the sites and over last 10 years FB has killed a lot of forums.

Yeah... since here it's "overall" all RC I would think wider audience for selling things... but you're right there is less traffic here compared to rctech.

Ok I get this... but flip side the TeknoForum has very little traffic but huge following on facebook which shows there are plenty of drivers. Must just be awareness of the sites and over last 10 years FB has killed a lot of forums.
Yea. I'm on FB alot in A LOT of RC groups. I was originally only going to be on there for local news and local RC clubs, but no, now its completely different. Same thing I believe with Reddit. Sub reddit r/rccars has 100K members. r/Traxxas has 24k members. And each RC brand has its own subreddit.

If people were smart, they'd be leaving FB to join forums. The number of stupid people in FB RC groups is staggering.

If people were smart, they'd be leaving FB to join forums. The numver of stupid people in FB RC groups is staggering.
Yep, also not to mention, most of the RC groups I am in on there, they don't have active mods/admin and lots of spam / bot posts. On the forums, sure we got that, but it is much much less.

Oh, I think I'd want the electric version of that one. It's a 100 mph monster with a few tweaks I believe. My brother's will do 100+

probably a bit much for my 9 year old (and me right now for that matter šŸ˜‚)

Just new to the hobby though, but we are going to have our nitro fun. The sound, the smell, the smile šŸ˜ƒ Iā€™m not sure I can replace that with electric right now šŸ˜‚ (trying to look through 9 yo eyes)

probably a bit much for my 9 year old (and me right now for that matter šŸ˜‚)

Just new to the hobby though, but we are going to have our nitro fun. The sound, the smell, the smile šŸ˜ƒ Iā€™m not sure I can replace that with electric right now šŸ˜‚ (trying to look through 9 yo eyes)
The Vorza is VERY heavy. I went to find out the specs of it, but it's not listed anywhere that I can find. If it hits you with any kind of speed, it's going to easily relieve you of your legs. Not really a car I would want to hand over to a youngin to run, especially with any other kids around. And especially a nitro, which can run away from you a lot easier than an electric.

My son has been running pretty fast RC cars since he was 3. But his first was a little 18th scale buggy. You could slam that thing at 30mph into your leg and laugh it off. He just ran the Kraton on 6s for the first time not long ago, but he's 11 now and a pretty good driver. But I did teach him not to drive it towards himself.

Oh, I think I'd want the electric version of that one. It's a 100 mph monster with a few tweaks I believe. My brother's will do 100+
If that's the dude around here I applaud him. I can't find an empty place without people, security, police, or any combination!

If that's the dude around here I applaud him. I can't find an empty place without people, security, police, or any combination!
No, my younger bro in Orlando is too boring to get into anything cool like RC. My older bro lives up here.

The Vorza is VERY heavy. I went to find out the specs of it, but it's not listed anywhere that I can find. If it hits you with any kind of speed, it's going to easily relieve you of your legs. Not really a car I would want to hand over to a youngin to run, especially with any other kids around. And especially a nitro, which can run away from you a lot easier than an electric.

My son has been running pretty fast RC cars since he was 3. But his first was a little 18th scale buggy. You could slam that thing at 30mph into your leg and laugh it off. He just ran the Kraton on 6s for the first time not long ago, but he's 11 now and a pretty good driver. But I did teach him not to drive it towards himself.

thatā€™s a really good post and it brought up something that a newbie like me wouldnā€™t have thought of! I really do appreciate that!

this is going to be ā€œmyā€truck to start with. Looking to get something to bash around with him, but he would be running it post break in, always with me around. He learned pretty quick after getting hit with the Tmaxx to not drive it towards you šŸ¤£.

you did really make me think of something else thoughā€¦I was planning to get him an electric truck that he would be able to run by himself when Iā€™m not homeā€¦I think thatā€™s where I need to be careful.

thatā€™s a really good post and it brought up something that a newbie like me wouldnā€™t have thought of! I really do appreciate that!

this is going to be ā€œmyā€truck to start with. Looking to get something to bash around with him, but he would be running it post break in, always with me around. He learned pretty quick after getting hit with the Tmaxx to not drive it towards you šŸ¤£.

you did really make me think of something else thoughā€¦I was planning to get him an electric truck that he would be able to run by himself when Iā€™m not homeā€¦I think thatā€™s where I need to be careful.
I'm sure he's fine with running by himself, but with regards to LiPo batteries, even if you left him a couple charged batteries, I simply wouldn't have felt remotely safe leaving Breydon to handle plugging and unplugging the battery, and running without me there when he was 9. Even now that he's almost 12, I am still reluctant to send LiPo's home with him, even though he does charge them when he's here. So he takes his 18th to 12th scale brushed motor stuff home with NiMh batteries to run in them.

The good news

View attachment 181509

Just remember, too many carbs are bad for you ;)

WOOHOO!!!!!!
Just Ordered AMain, first time ordering from them this year! Last time I ordered was 4 months ago. Crazy.

Got:
Ordering Amazon and eBay soon

Amazon:
eBay:
Should be a fun weekend wrenching on these, getting them back up and running GOOD. And because I haven't wrenched on anything in a while.
Going to the track for practice Monday as I got off, and is the only time I can for a while. This is why I hate the school year, can't go to the track much, especially due to my dads work schedule and uncle won't get his stuff together.

Next time ill order him some new CHNL 4900 2s shorty packs as he needs new batteries, to get him up and running, and ill get him a bottle of traction compound. Hopefully we can go racing soon. Most likely on a Saturday.

On AMain, used @BarnFabRC 's coupon code for 15 percent off store wide. Saved me 10 bucks. Also got 10 bucks store credit. Well, besides the traxxas stuff as traxxas doesn't allow anyone to use coupons. Thanks Traxxas for making us more in debt! šŸ™ƒ Not to mention, they have a 20 percent off for all Traxxas wheels, tires and bodies. So I got a set of Talon tires for the rustler for 42 some bucks.

Back