The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some 3d printed goodies. The parts in the middle and the right is used with the hudy set up station i got last week. They are dummy rear wheels to keep the chassis level on the set up station. The little blocks can be used to put underneath the actual rear tires in a pinch, but the dummy wheels should be used. They also came with pointers and brass thumb screws to check caster more easily on the front. The parts on the left are foam tire locators for my scales so the tires are dead center on the scales.

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

Brand new XTeam motor and the flysky FS-GTB3 and a couple of spare receivers.
IMG_2267.png
IMG_2266.png

The hobbywing motor that came with my max10 g2 140amp esc kind of kicked the bucket like 30 minutes ago. All of the threads are stripped that hold it to the motor plate lol.

Gonna see if I can get these things next time when I'm down at the track next wednesday

• JConcepts 4WD Buggy Front Wheels (4)
  • JConcepts Rear Buggy Wheels (4)
  • JConcepts Smoothie 2 Silver Buggy Rear and Front tires (I will get the JCon wheels, unless she has premounted in stock)
  • AKA Tire Glue, or any brand CA glue
  • 4mm Bullet Female (4)
  • 4mm Bullet Male (4)
  • 12 AWG Wire
  • 5mm Low Pro bullets
  • Double sided tape (3M or servo tape)
  • ProLine Bald Eagle MC Truck tires
  • DE Racing T4.1 Truck wheels (4)
  • New body for the rustler? JConcepts F2
  • Driveshafts for Mini B (Either MIP CVDs or TLR Tuned CVAs)
  • New batteries for my uncle's buggy - CHNL 4900 7.4V Lipos
  • Dirt tires for the Mini B for the summer - ProLine Hole Shot rears - JConcepts Hawk front
Its alot, but I ideally only need buggy wheels and tires, tape, and the bullets / wire. And other little things.
Still nagging my uncle to fix his darn car up. :rolleyes:

This soldering station finally arrived after almost two months of exercising patience. I like to think of it as just purchased.

View attachment 177518
I love my TK950. Mine is old school from before Whorizon Hobbies bought TrakPower, but it should still be the same unit which is nothing more than a nearly identical clone of the old discontinued Hakko 936. In fact if you buy a tip retainer for a Hakko 936 it will allow you to use the smaller Hakko soldering iron tips with your iron. TrakPower only offers 3 or 4 different sizes and types of tips.

Last edited:
I love my TK950. Mine is old school from before Whorizon Hobbies bought TrakPower, but it should still be the same unit which is nothing more than a nearly identical clone of the old discontinued Hakko 936. In fact if you buy a tip retainer for a Hakko 936 it will allow you to use the smaller Hakko soldering iron tips with your iron. TrapPower only offers 3 or 4 different sizes and types of tips.
You rock. Thanks for helping me solve challenge #1 before I even open the box.
🙏

Looks like a great cat toy if I ever saw one. I might have to get one for Mr pickles.
I remember when I was a teen I used to tie one of those little plastic balls with a bell in it to a fishing pole. The cat loved it.
Great intertainment when there was nothing on tv. :p

I remember when I was a teen I used to tie one of those little plastic balls with a bell in it to a fishing pole. The cat loved it.
Great intertainment when there was nothing on tv. :p
Years ago my old neighbors used to leave for a week or two at a time. They left me in charge to feed their cat. Before I had my own I used to be bored midnight or 1am and would go over and play with it when I was living alone and board. 🫠

Today I am piping out. @Tunedpipe meet tuned pipe. 🤣

20231227_072001.jpg