The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the new tools, went and bought brackets and lumber, and finally built myself a decent workbench.

GWJvnI6.jpg

Ungy4Cq.jpg

mdyN2MA.jpg

D5lhXMX.jpg

1lruz26.jpg

Took advantage of some Christmas sales, and sold some other toys, so parts are starting to trickle in for another build.

JWH Customs bolt and bolt handle, and bolt buffers

CNC Machined from 4140 tool steel
Proper Headspace
Proper Firing Pin Protrusion
Hardened for Durability
Pinned Firing Pin for Consistent Ignition
Radiused and Polished for Improved Cycling
Laser Cut steel firing pin
Laser Cut steel extractor

And a Ruger BX trigger

tbG4pE6.jpg

qQbeHOm.jpg

I hope JWH is back on track, they had some struggles with QC not long ago... so I haven't looked at them lately.

The last bolt I bought was a Power Custom.

What's the end goal for this build? Heavy weigh bench gun, lightweight field gun, ultra lightweight Steel Challenge gun... or?

The Blue Pig as it's known as was spectacular today but I wasn't happy with its steering. It's too loose or a servo killer depending on what servo saver setup I use. So I decided to try something different.

1 Arrma V6 bellcrank.
1 M2C steering plate. I bent the previous one with one of my servo killer setups.

Took advantage of some Christmas sales, and sold some other toys, so parts are starting to trickle in for another build.

JWH Customs bolt and bolt handle, and bolt buffers

CNC Machined from 4140 tool steel
Proper Headspace
Proper Firing Pin Protrusion
Hardened for Durability
Pinned Firing Pin for Consistent Ignition
Radiused and Polished for Improved Cycling
Laser Cut steel firing pin
Laser Cut steel extractor

And a Ruger BX trigger

tbG4pE6.jpg

qQbeHOm.jpg
I have that trigger on one of my 10/22s. It's no KIDD or better yet a Volquartsen, but definitely an upgrade over that factory trigger.

Back