The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More toys in the mail. The shim kit are ride height adjusters for the front end of pan cars. The color coding is nice. The car cover is for transport and storage and keep dust off of my pan cars, and the hudy set up station for pan cars soo I dont have to run around setting up the front end with a ruler and calipers.

IMG_3577.jpg
IMG_3578.jpg

I purchased an A suspension block from M2C. The Sledge has a design flaw in the A block. The block is too thin where the mounting screws go through it. The 6065 blocks bend at the mounting screws and the 7075 ones break.

I understand, heli's are a whole different animal, I am ok, but not nearly as proficient as I am with planes. At least with the trainer you won't cost yourself thousands of dollars. :thumbs-up:
Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a CP heli in the air for more than 5 minutes without crashing it, lol.

The wife and I decided to go ahead and do our big Christmas gifts while the sales were still going on, and before the craziness of family gatherings starts. This just about completes my Kobalt 24v stuff, and the sale was WAY too good to pass up. I think the only thing I still want is the jigsaw.

The 1/2" hammer drill, 1/4" impact, and work light was $100 off, and you got the XTR sawzall (or another tool of your choice) for free.

ZYUYMNO.jpg

The wife and I decided to go ahead and do our big Christmas gifts while the sales were still going on, and before the craziness of family gatherings starts. This just about completes my Kobalt 24v stuff, and the sale was WAY too good to pass up. I think the only thing I still want is the jigsaw.

The 1/2" hammer drill, 1/4" impact, and work light was $100 off, and you got the XTR sawzall (or another tool of your choice) for free.

ZYUYMNO.jpg
Nice score!

Got a couple of taller body posts to even out the Stampede body on the Rustler. Now I need some sort of bumper upfront. Rpm Rustler Bumper or a Stampede bumper or a Slash bumper? Any other options or opinions?

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a CP heli in the air for more than 5 minutes without crashing it, lol.
They are a lot harder than they look, that's for sure. Once you get to the point of not having to think about what your doing it gets better, but I'm not quite there yet. 🤣

They are a lot harder than they look, that's for sure. Once you get to the point of not having to think about what you’re doing it gets better, but I'm not quite there yet. 🤣

I’ve progressed to the point where I can fly all over like a madman without crashing, but as soon as I try going inverted or any other trick stuff I loose orientation almost immediately.. I had to give it a rest for awhile cause it’s frustrating as hell!
A sim is probably the best way to master the unknown. 🤙

They are a lot harder than they look, that's for sure. Once you get to the point of not having to think about what your doing it gets better, but I'm not quite there yet. 🤣
I am not there yet! I actually put it down for several years because I got so frustrated with it. I need to practice doing slow pirouettes while hovering, so I get used to adjusting on the fly no matter the helis orientation.

What did I buy today?
I bought nothing .
Thanks for coming to my story 🙃

I saw a AMain box come in. Its sitting under the tree. Wonder what it is.
It's a huge box of body clips. You'll never have to buy any more.

It's a huge box of body clips. You'll never have to buy any more.
I would like that, but only 1 out of 4 of my cars uses clips now.
Mini B and Buggy uses velcro. Slash uses locking caps (ProLine) Rustler still uses the old clips.
Sometimes, I randomly find body clips all over the house. Maybe they just fall out of my pocket.