The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smart man. My dad got my mom cast iorn skillets years ago. Little did we know at that moment he armed her! Dress accordingly. 😁😎
We had to give all our cast iron away, that was the first thing my Dr. told me when I found out of my Hemochromatosis. :(

We had to give all our cast iron away, that was the first thing my Dr. told me when I found out of my Hemochromatosis. :(
Oh man, that sucks dude. I have a cast iron skillet my grandma used to cook me vittles on. I wouldn't trade it for a complete Allclad collection, as much as I'd love to have some of it. I feel for ya bro.

I've researched it because I honestly thought my Dr. was full of crap but it's true.
I miss it too. When a cast iron skillet is seasoned some folks call it conditioning they are amazing.

My house came with a bunch of cast iron cookware. I've since cleaned and reseasoned it as who knows what was cooked in it before I found it. On another note my wife found this on evil bay and ordered it for me. It's a1/6 scale new bright dodge ram that I wanted the body off of for a real scale crawler project I'll be taking up soon
Screenshot_20230215_141519_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230215_141529_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230215_141550_eBay.jpg

I've researched it because I honestly thought my Dr. was full of crap but it's true.
I miss it too. When a cast iron skillet is seasoned some folks call it conditioning they are amazing.
I'm not even sure what brand the skillet I have is. It's just grandma's skillet. But I can cook anything in it. When done I just spray it with the spray nozzle and give it a light brush and she's ready to go again. Nothing sticks to it. And it's flat as can be. Best skillet I've ever used.

I still have a brand new cast iron Dutch Oven pot I've never used and a huge cast iron camping skillet brand new and never used.
Thank you blood disease, I really appreciate it. :(

The Toad. Actually it was bought a few days ago but just getting around to posting it.

green lp.jpg

DATETIMELOCATIONSTATUS
Feb 187:30 AMWeiser, ID, United StatesOut for delivery, expected delivery by 9:00pm
Feb 187:19 AMWeiser, ID, United StatesArrived at post office
Feb 187:16 AMWeiser, ID, United StatesArrived at USPS facility
Feb 183:34 AMBoise ID Distribution CenterDeparted USPS regional facility
Feb 1710:15 PMBoise ID Distribution CenterArrived at USPS regional destination facility

Last edited:
The Toad. Actually it was bought a few days ago but just getting around to posting it.

View attachment 160538

DATETIMELOCATIONSTATUS
Feb 187:30 AMWeiser, ID, United StatesOut for delivery, expected delivery by 9:00pm
Feb 1710:15 PMBoise ID Distribution CenterArrived at USPS regional destination facility
Love that color! 😍

View attachment 160538

DATETIMELOCATIONSTATUS
That's funny. I was just telling Grey about a guy I worked with that was trying to sell me a Chinese knockoff of a Les Paul. It was that exact same color, but with gold hardware. It was a beautiful guitar and I wish I had bought it.

I'm not too excited about green guitars honestly but these IYV guitars are cheap cheap cheap.
That's funny. I was just telling Grey about a guy I worked with that was trying to sell me a Chinese knockoff of a Les Paul. It was that exact same color, but with gold hardware. It was a beautiful guitar and I wish I had bought it.
This is a IYV guitar and only give or take $120 on ebay. All of my guitar forum buddies are buying them up like hotcakes.
I want to put a set of jazz P90s in it.
There's a empty space on the wall and I don't have green so you know the rest of the story. ;)

View attachment 160538

DATETIMELOCATIONSTATUS
Love that guitar. I can't play one but I can admire one 🤣

The pollywog and the toad.

IMG_0803.JPG

I gotta tell ya, right out of the box this guitar is amazing. She looks great, she plays great and she is set up perfect.
I am going to change the strings of course because they are terrible but I love the guitar
and the Pollywog took a shine to her... :D

My gawd, you starting a restaurant business captain overkill? 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, color me jealous.
I dont like doing dishes 🤣

I don't think we have enough cubbard space for all of those, but Mrs. Doom said she would love to have them.
Most of those will get hung up where are existing pots, pans and lids are. As you can see we were in dire need of a cookware upgrade lol

20230218_175741.jpg
20230218_175749.jpg

One guy brags and were all doomed. Sorry. Had to. 😆

Let's see them in action . 🎬🍗🥐🌭🍕🍟🍻😁
Ill have to try and get a pic of my wife using them cuz I dont cook. Well, not very often anyway. Those were a combination Valentines Day and Birthday present for my wife. Granted I do get the nice little ancillary benefit of getting to her her cooking so I guess in some small way theyre for me too lol. :)

The pollywog and the toad.

View attachment 160569

I gotta tell ya, right out of the box this guitar is amazing. She looks great, she plays great and she is set up perfect.
I am going to change the strings of course because they are terrible but I love the guitar
and the Pollywog took a shine to her... :D
Not sure what the hardwhare is like on that Ivy but she sure is pretty. Hows the neck? Does it need work?

Pollywog...that name cracks me up 🤣