The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bumper and light bar for my 10.2. Cutting out the grill, the molded tow hooks in the hood for actual scale ones, I got a rear bumper, tires, and a roof rack picked out. Also have extended body mounts.

20220923_131415.jpg

20220923_131313.jpg

I ordered these because I couldn't find any aluminum but after I bought them I found them in China so I'll order them next week sometime.
Rear bulkhead parts.
Outdrive.

bulkhead rear.jpg
rear bulkhead parts.jpg
Diff outdrive.jpg

Just picked up my blood thinners. $530 for 30 days. $8.50 a pill is the more comforting way to look at it.

Needless to say my rc parts ordering has dwindled.

To top it off I bought some hpi parts off ebay. One of my good sellers forgot to add two 86330 hd cups. I emailed and a few days later they wrote back saying they were on the way the next day. I place an order again amd thry forgot another hpi part. They refunded me the second part, then one of the first parts as they didnt show up. I'm not even gonna write back over the last $9 part.

Just picked up my blood thinners. $530 for 30 days. $8.50 a pill is the more comforting way to look at it.

To top it off I bought some hpi parts off ebay. One of my good sellers forgot to add two 86330 hd cups. I emailed and a few days later they wrote back saying they were on the way the next day. I place an order again amd thry forgot another hpi part. They refunded me the second part, then one of the first parts as they didnt show up. I'm not even gonna write back over the last $9 part.
I think Id look in to the drug stores prescription plan or ask your dr to switch you to a different thinner thats covered by your insurance.

Picked up two metal folding chairs for the workshop. So you guys will have someplace to sit when you stop by to bench race RCs. Probably pick up two more next time at big box.

Sticker sheets for the monster trucks arrived from MCI in Canada. Now I can catch up on stickering the MTs. Cheers. 'AC'

20220924_093813_resize RCT.jpg

20220924_093826_resize RCT.jpg

Picked up two metal folding chairs for the workshop. So you guys will have someplace to sit when you stop by to bench race RCs. Probably pick up two more next time at big box.

Sticker sheets for the monster trucks arrived from MCI in Canada. Now I can catch up on stickering the MTs. Cheers. 'AC'

View attachment 153081

View attachment 153082
Better buy some heavy duty ones when I come over 😜

Ouch, ouch, and ouch again. We were trying figuring out which bills we have and haven't paid yet from Mrs. Doom's recent surgery, they sure don't make it easy, and as you well know it sure puts a hurtin' on the budget.

View attachment 153081

View attachment 153082
I'm going to save us all some embarassment, just go ahead and pick up some concrete benches. ;)

Ouch, ouch, and ouch again. We were trying figuring out which bills we have and haven't paid yet from Mrs. Doom's recent surgery, they sure don't make it easy, and as you well know it sure puts a hurtin' on the budget.

I'm going to save us all some embarassment, just go ahead and pick up some concrete benches. ;)
Ha, o.k. Doom! Always there are concrete blocks. But I wouldn't wish that on a visiting bench racer. Back when I was posted to Atlanta, '93-'95, I had a 24" diam. tree stump in the shop to sit on. Wish I had it now. If for nothing else, it had character.

Yeah, those med bills. Lost my wife to cancer in '09. The med bills trickled in for years after. Co-pay picked up most of the charges, but it was always a painful reminder I didn't need. Never figgered out why the billing was deferred. Somebody somewhere probably benefitted financially from it. Hang in there. It's a PITA to deal with, know.

I'm off to buy take-out for tonight's dinner. that'll purchase of the day. Cheers and Regards, guys. 'AC'

I think Id look in to the drug stores prescription plan or ask your dr to switch you to a different thinner thats covered by your insurance.
Trying different insurance. Supposedly it can be had for $45 with this one.

@Doom! After my moms cancer, I found a note book is your best friend. Write down what you and insurance paid on what, and put the reciepts in a folder or money bag.

@ahr43
Sorry to hear that. I lost 2 realitives to it, and have a third one with it a third time.

Dont do that, AddictRC will just run in to them with his slash 🤣

Picked up a UL-19 today from Camaroboy383 View attachment 153216View attachment 153217abbey doesn’t seem impressed 😂
Nice lookin' boat!

Hey we all know I've never hit something in place only if it comes out of nowhere 🤣
Those mobile mailboxes and logs are sneaky little buggers. I had a 55 gallon drum run out in front of me once.