The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can i have the link to that first item
You could almost fit a whole 1/10 car in this servo mount. :D
Are you using Fusion for that?

Some things to note... the little table looking design will be a super pain to 3d print. It will require support material between all the table legs because as it starts to print the table top, there will be nothing for the printer to extrude the filament onto if you don'thave support material there. Not impossible to print, but not a 3d print friendly design. Same goes for the horizontal slots in the tall box. Those slots will need support material in them because the top side of the slots will be printed in thin air.

Go download Cura...
https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura

Watch some YT vids to learn how to use it. Then you can use it to preview the 3d print and see where features like the ones above might cause problems.

Somewhere in the world today, there is an underpaid guy mining for aluminum. He is working harder than ever while being yelled at by his boss to hurry up. Working at a feverish pace, he is screaming - "CURSE YOU TUNEDPIPE" 😜😝🤣
LMAO, I choked on my coffee a little. That was hilarious and I really thought I was reading the start of a interesting story. :D:D:D

technically didnt buy but i 3d designed the esc holder, motor under plate, dual battery holder, servo box, and receiver box took about a total of 9 hours having my uncle print them either tomorrow or this week and send them to me tomorrow I'm going to home depot to buy metal for the chassis and some metal rods I'm going with this setup for electronics…
2x 4s 8000mah 100c sustained 200c burst
Arrma Firma 8s BLX
Dumbo Rc x6
and some amazon 1/5 servo this builds going to be 🔥

View attachment 153409
Addict, the little table looking design will be a very tough print. And the legs will be fragile, and possibly break off due to the layer lines being the weak link. This would be a much easier design to print, and the legs will be much stronger.
Design 009 BR.png

Design 010 BR.png

Addict, the little table looking design will be a very tough print. And the legs will be fragile, and possibly break off due to the layer lines being the weak link. This would be a much easier design to print, and the legs will be much stronger.
View attachment 153537
View attachment 153538
ok i think this project is going to be alot more work than i originally though so I'm going to start it next year and hopefully by then ill have a 3d printer

I bidded on a nitro stampede 7 or so days ago. As I got out bidded, I moved on. Since the hurricane, I have over checked everyday. Somehow yesterday I won it.

Needs tranny, wheels, and rear assembly. Gonna build this like the last nitro stampede to match my early 90s model.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195364023511#vi__app-cvip-panel

I wanted another transmitter and receiver for my baja build and didn't want to use the same transmitter as my other baja so I ordered a second Flysky.
These are really nice budget transmitters.
flysky.jpg

looks like a steal for the price
Because the plastic chassis is so rare I feel it was. Minus the shipping and it is a steal. Total was $46.xx. I paid $50 for the same truck only a 1990s model in 2014. Still not bad.

Besides, we all know @gandalfnz has all the steals.

ok i think this project is going to be alot more work than i originally though so I'm going to start it next year and hopefully by then ill have a 3d printer
When building something from scratch. It always turns into a bigger project then first thought. Don't let that discourage you in anyway bud. Good thing come to those who wait and are patience...
I decided to try these in the Baja build.

View attachment 153551
Nice looking servo bud. Going to be a bad as* Rovan
Because the plastic chassis is so rare I feel it was. Minus the shipping and it is a steal. Total was $46.xx. I paid $50 for the same truck only a 1990s model in 2014. Still not bad.

Besides, we all know @gandalfnz has all the steals.
The chassis looks like it's in good shape. Did the engine turn over? If not that can easily be fixed. Either way 27$ total of 46$.. For a nitro stampede roller basically with nitro engine. You can't pass that up. That's a good starter project rite ther nice can't wait to see the build..
I'll have to de-anodize these but found the parts for a decent price.

View attachment 153598
Hell yeah buddy your definitely getting closer to the build. You can't beat the Flysky gtb-3. It's definitely a good budget TX/RX set up. Love mine.
I also got the flysky gt5 6 channel one. Very good set ups. And the recivers are also nice they are cheap. So you can add them to your fleet. And work them all off one two radios...
I ordered a bunch more parts for the baja. Brake parts, roll cage mounting brackets, tranny parts.
Man your on a roll bud. Just banging out that part list. That's awesome. So can't wait to see this bad boy. I love ordering parts knowing I'm going to end up building something new.... well done sir👍

I'll have to de-anodize these but found the parts for a decent price.

View attachment 153598
They just rereleased gas and brushless baja 5b.

The following brand I have a chassis for my stampede. This is their Baja selection.

http://www.fastlanemachine.net/products.php?cat=Baja+5B

@STONER RC
I bid on the truck as a whole as if the electonics and motor need replaced. I'm anticipating a piston and sleeve, new reciever and I'm looking at Futaba s3004 or s3305 servos. The engine is dirty, but the carb throat looks clean.

If she runs, Ill use it to relearn tuning. I have a jconcepts f250 clear body, just ordered some arms and tranny gears.

Last edited:
I put a link to the eBay auction the other day but I just received all the stuff so here are some pics. If you add up the value of all of this stuff Id guesstimate its at least twice what I paid for it. Picked up this whole lot for $405. The kit barely looks run.

20221006_133830.jpg
20221006_135003.jpg
20221006_134804.jpg
20221006_134808.jpg
20221006_133742.jpg
20221006_134547.jpg
20221006_134711.jpg
20221006_135035.jpg
20221006_135104.jpg
20221006_133712.jpg