The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received from the bay my use HW XR10 (160A) + 10,5T combo. Guess what? ESC is damaged., but the motor is fine. Motor will be good for qualifications...

View attachment 139857

Paid 180AUSD$ = 167CAN$ shipping included. (400CAN$ brand new) Was too nice to be true... :) Waiting from the seller for the ESC next step.

Update...

I asked to the seller a partial refund of 80$AUSD + 20$CAN (shipping back) = 94$CAN for the defect ESC. The seller agreed for a 50$US and 2 days later for a 80$AUSD = 67$CAN refund. So, I opened a ebay case and guess what; the seller had multiple address and because of that, the ebay management did full refund to me... 180$AUSD = 167$CAN and I don't have to return the defect ESC... :)

The wiring, fan and button are all good.

Today I bought a few parts for the E-revo build.

Diffs front and rear
Tie rods/turnbuckles
Drive shafts
17mm wheel hubs

Only items left now is the body, motor/esc, servos and wheels/tires.
Not sure what tires I am going to use yet.

Last edited:
I am trying to get back on track and finish the Tekno NT48 2.0 build I started a few weeks ago. So…… I ordered a Reds 521 sport engine and torque pipe, Q-World starter box plus a few odds and ends. As I said in another post, this hobby isn’t cheap! Hope the spending slows down after this. It’s got to!! 😎

I bought the green wheel nuts and I really like the looks of the Baja now...

IMG_0207.JPG

Yeah, I love them. I think that's all I'm going to mod on this one. I was going with an O'Neill Brothers Racing engine but this 30.5 cc runs pretty good.
I have a bunch of parts so I may start building another one with a 45cc engine.

Liquid Solder Flux and Soldering gun tip cleaner and . . . I ran out of budget. Crickey, solder supplies are expensive these days.

Had a fresh roll of 63/37 solder in my hands. Yikes. $22+ USD. Put it back and will use up the Radio Shack roll.

All this came about as a result of being curious about shelf life of soldering supplies in use for years. After some online research, pitched it all out except the uber-expensive solder.

Cheers. 'AC'

Liquid Solder Flux and Soldering gun tip cleaner and . . . I ran out of budget. Crickey, solder supplies are expensive these days.

Had a fresh roll of 63/37 solder in my hands. Yikes. $22+ USD. Put it back and will use up the Radio Shack roll.

All this came about as a result of being curious about shelf life of soldering supplies in use for years. After some online research, pitched it all out except the uber-expensive solder.

Cheers. 'AC'
Wow! I don't solder much, so I still have a good sized roll. I don't remember how much I paid for it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't anywhere near that much!

I bought a set of Capra metal portal axles from eBay for 131 dollars for the set.

I think the internal parts can be repaired with Axial or Vanquish parts so I am going to take a chance.

Attachments

• 78826255-66E4-4C20-B696-CA891516853F.jpeg
    78826255-66E4-4C20-B696-CA891516853F.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 22
I had a failed buy from Bangood, ordered an 8 Chanel receiver last month, the order was just saying processing, so i messaged to be told it was out of stock, and they won't have them till the 22nd of March.

I had a failed buy from Bangood, ordered an 8 Chanel receiver last month, the order was just saying processing, so i messaged to be told it was out of stock, and they won't have them till the 22nd of March.
I hate when that happens!

The wife and I have a really nice small "perfect for us" travel trailer but once in a while we like to take off just for the night and it's a pain in the arse to load it all up so I am going to order this for one nighters.

IMG_0208.JPG

Just got the PN Racing motor, motor mount, and gearset for the SCX24 C10. Also ordered some more Plano 3600 storage containers and a 3700 deep one to hold kit bits.

Just got the PN Racing motor, motor mount, and gearset for the SCX24 C10. Also ordered some more Plano 3600 storage containers and a 3700 deep one to hold kit bits.
Hey, what's going on, Buddy?! You've been quiet around here, lately. Glad to see you back!

Hey, what's going on, Buddy?! You've been quiet around here, lately. Glad to see you back!
Been in a mood, and just been vegging out in front of the TV. Just been too lazy to pick up my phone and read 😉

It's amazing, no matter how much storage you have, it's never enough. 🤔
Been in a mood, and just been vegging out in front of the TV. Just been too lazy to pick up my phone and read 😉
I think we've all been there, sometimes you just need a break or change of pace.

It's amazing, no matter how much storage you have, it's never enough. 🤔

I think we've all been there, sometimes you just need a break or change of pace.
Very true, about both of these. I use these 3600 Plano boxes for each individual car. The larger 3700 box I got, I didn't realize it is a vented box, with hundreds of holes in the top and bottom, but that's still OK. I will just put small parts in a ziplock. But the size is needed for the larger kits.

Most of my mood is just because of funds being used up these past few months on things I needed outside the hobby. But the splurging at Christmas was kinda necessary, and we now have a couple really cool projects coming up. I reached a point with buying the Ryft and Ultima at Christmas that I realized I need to stop that and start buying the electronics for everything. But the Ryft was on our wishlist and $100 off, and adding the Ultima allowed the $85 off coupon. So it was kind of a no brainer. But I do need to focus on getting them all running now. So that is the plan from here forward.