The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cdstatz Used to buy all my aircraft batteries from Hobbyking. They do have some decent stuff sometimes.

-----------------------
Nothing to do with Hobby King but I picked up an Arrma 6S Typhon V5 for about $100.00 less than retail, brand new in box. Technically it came Monday, but I didn't get a chance to Open it until tonight. It will compliment my V4 perfectly. :)

PSX_20220120_194840.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone buy from Hobbyking??? they are having a sale on Hobbywing stuff. I ended up getting the Fusion 1800 for only $105.... we'll see how this goes.... almost to good to be true. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbywi...ystem-for-rock-crawlers-w-integrated-esc.html
Greatly impressed with hobbyking... ordered the Fusion 1800 on Thursday afternoon and have it in my grubby little hand this afternoon.... no shipping and no taxes.... headed back to grab 2 more for friends
hobbyking.jpg

Nothing lately but I see a new pedal fishing kayak in the near future. VERY near future. ;)

Soon....

View attachment 140844
I've been feeling that way about a surpass/rocket 4985 1650kv for my kraton exb... only have 2 or 3 bash sessions on the 4092 I have in there, but even that left me wanting and I'm pretty sure if I try and gear it higher than 19T, it's going to run hot. I have the 4092 in my outcast as well and it's a handful, but the kraton really tamed it down.

Maybe the 4092 will fit in a v2 maxx... lol!

20220117_172349.jpg
20220107_173059.jpg

Got one of those cheap drift RCs I've been seeing YouTubers talk about. Kinda cool, kinda lame. The stock electronics are meh.

New helping hands.
@cdstatz Used to buy all my aircraft batteries from Hobbyking. They do have some decent stuff sometimes.

-----------------------
Nothing to do with Hobby King but I picked up an Arrma 6S Typhon V5 for about $100.00 less than retail, brand new in box. Technically it came Monday, but I didn't get a chance to Open it until tonight. It will compliment my V4 perfectly. :)

View attachment 140776

Man those things are cool

View attachment 140933View attachment 140934

Got one of those cheap drift RCs I've been seeing YouTubers talk about. Kinda cool, kinda lame. The stock electronics are meh.

New helping hands.

Man those things are cool
I was really considering getting that truck, for a couple of weeks, but I already have a number of those no name Chinese mini rc racing rigs that I hardly use. So, I just can't justify it. It is cool though.

I just took delivery on a very similar "helping hand" just an hour ago. Funny thing was, I was just getting ready to solder some wires and remembered the Amazon tracking says delivery was for today. I checked my phone, and sure enough, it said it was just dropped off.
Took only 5 minutes to take out of the box and fully assemble it. The base is very hefty and all seems to be pretty well built.
I put it to use, immediately, right after it was assembled. Worked great! Man, I wished I had gotten one of these years ago.
InShot_20220124_195419465.jpg

I was really considering getting that truck, for a couple of weeks, but I already have a number of those no name Chinese mini rc racing rigs that I hardly use. So, I just can't justify it. It is cool though.

I just took delivery on a very similar "helping hand" just an hour ago. Funny thing was, I was just getting ready to solder some wires and remembered the Amazon tracking says delivery was for today. I checked my phone, and sure enough, it said it was just dropped off.
Took only 5 minutes to take out of the box and fully assemble it. The base is very hefty and all seems to be pretty well built.
I put it to use, immediately, right after it was assembled. Worked great! Man, I wished I had gotten one of these years ago.View attachment 140938

I think I'm too used to nice RCs I have that I have too high of expectations. The esc and motor combo are very sluggish imo. If you want a moderately fast drift rc, it would be great.

They're pretty nice honestly. The base has plenty of weight.

I think I'm too used to nice RCs I have that I have too high of expectations. The esc and motor combo are very sluggish imo. If you want a moderately fast drift rc, it would be great.

They're pretty nice honestly. The base has plenty of weight.
My "helping hands" is currently being used to suspend my heavily brassed Scx24 Deadbolt while it is charging. 😀
0124222014.jpg

I also bought my non-resident Oregon fishing license and evasive species permit for the kayaks. That all cost me $170 bucks.:mad:

I'll take two large Walleye, a couple Salmon, and let's see... what would be a pain in the butt? A Pike! Yeah, one of those. Send me one of those too 😉