The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KRG Bravo rimfire rifle chassis
KRG Bravo rimfire tool-less LOP
DIP products oversized knurled bolt handle
Tikka Performance extended mag release
Oh man, the whole short bus thing brings back sooo many memories. Still have your helmet I trust?! šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

Oh man, the whole short bus thing brings back sooo many memories. Still have your helmet I trust?! šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£
Oh yeah, you know I still got it.

Helmet Popcorn GIF

Just pulled the trigger on this!..:cool:
It will be used in My new Kyosho MP9 for just running
around rather than using a high end expensive race engine as I dont see no point
in bangin a race engine!..:thumbs-up:

View attachment 131602
Good stuff! Let us know how that engine does! How much did it set ya back?

My blue 12AWG finally arrived. I ordered it along wikth some red and black but the blue was back ordered.
20210722_055929.jpg

So this was a warranty replacement from HH for an ESC that wasn't even broke. I only had to wait on it for close to 3 months O__o
So just incase you arent aware, the Firma 150A ESC will not power on properly on only a 2S lipo. I called HH tech support because I thought it was broken because it would power on but would just flash either 5 or 7 red flashes (can't remember exactly). They told me it was defective and made me cut all the wires off of the ESC in order to warranty replace it so i did. Then a few weeks later, I went to use another one that I had laying around and low and behold it did the same thing. Come to find out it was because I was trying to test them both using a 2S lipo. Soon as I stuck a 3S on it, it worked. So i destroyed a perfectly good ESC and had to wait 3 months for a replacement because HH doesn't know their own products. smdh
20210804_173332.jpg

Picked up some of these soldered butt connectors to try out next time I need to connect 2 pieces of wire.
20210722_060034.jpg

Picked up a second battery checker. This one is quite nice compared to my old one from 10 years ago thats almost the same but more basic. I'm gonna post some additional info and pics on this guy in the tools section.
20210812_070122.jpg

Since I've been doing a lot of comparison stuff with Deans connectors I picked up a bunch of AMASS brand Deans to try out. IDK if theyre any good but I like the little protective plastic pieces that they come with instead of heatshrink. Of course ill probably forget to put them on half the time but šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
20210817_120257.jpg

Picked up a bunch of bullet connectors of varying sizes. I now have 2mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 6.5mm, and 8mm bullet connectors.
20210817_115743.jpg

Picked up some EC8s for my connector collection. These puppies are huge!
20210725_132653.jpg

Picked up my one of my top two favorite bearing lubes plus some 8mm bullets.
20210722_055249.jpg

And last but not least I picked up a bunch of original Deans connectors including a bunch of the new ones that are supposed to be better.
20210823_160116.jpg

My blue 12AWG finally arrived. I ordered it along wikth some red and black but the blue was back ordered.
View attachment 131632

So this was a warranty replacement from HH for an ESC that wasn't even broke. I only had to wait on it for close to 3 months O__o
So just incase you arent aware, the Firma 150A ESC will not power on properly on only a 2S lipo. I called HH tech support because I thought it was broken because it would power on but would just flash either 5 or 7 red flashes (can't remember exactly). They told me it was defective and made me cut all the wires off of the ESC in order to warranty replace it so i did. Then a few weeks later, I went to use another one that I had laying around and low and behold it did the same thing. Come to find out it was because I was trying to test them both using a 2S lipo. Soon as I stuck a 3S on it, it worked. So i destroyed a perfectly good ESC and had to wait 3 months for a replacement because HH doesn't know their own products. smdh
View attachment 131633

Picked up some of these soldered butt connectors to try out next time I need to connect 2 pieces of wire.
View attachment 131634

Picked up a second battery checker. This one is quite nice compared to my old one from 10 years ago thats almost the same but more basic. I'm gonna post some additional info and pics on this guy in the tools section.
View attachment 131635

Since I've been doing a lot of comparison stuff with Deans connectors I picked up a bunch of AMASS brand Deans to try out. IDK if theyre any good but I like the little protective plastic pieces that they come with instead of heatshrink. Of course ill probably forget to put them on half the time but šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
View attachment 131636

Picked up a bunch of bullet connectors of varying sizes. I now have 2mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 6.5mm, and 8mm bullet connectors.
View attachment 131637

Picked up some EC8s for my connector collection. These puppies are huge!
View attachment 131638

Picked up my one of my top two favorite bearing lubes plus some 8mm bullets.
View attachment 131639

And last but not least I picked up a bunch of original Deans connectors including a bunch of the new ones that are supposed to be better.
View attachment 131640
Man got to love HH customer service... loven the 12g up wirešŸ˜. Nice volt checker.. the little wire cape on the plugs are nice got them with the XTs I have as well and yes I have forgotten them.. and Holly bullies bud.... can never have enough connectors... nice haul bud šŸ‘šŸ‘

Man got to love HH customer service...
I am getting a second replacement battery sent to me and I just noticed the one on the way now has an IC3 connector. I told the guy multiple times it is for a Granite or Kraton. I guess it is now for a future crawler.

I am getting a second replacement battery sent to me and I just noticed the one on the way now has an IC3 connector. I told the guy multiple times it is for a Granite or Kraton. I guess it is now for a future crawler.
OMG dam man sorry thats sucks!!šŸ˜” I would say change it.. But there's a little wire in the plug.. that I guess powers the chip.. So I'm not really sure how that wire really works.. To be honest.....

OMG dam man sorry thats sucks!!šŸ˜” I would say change it.. But there's a little wire in the plug.. that I guess powers the chip.. So I'm not really sure how that wire really works.. To be honest.....
I'll just use it for something else. I am buying a couple SMC packs for the Kraton when I get paid.

I'll just use it for something else. I am buying a couple SMC packs for the Kraton when I get paid
I love RC part day best day of the week. Sweet šŸ‘šŸ‘ Dude got a nitro at work today from another foreman. in šŸ˜šŸ˜ shape.. nitro shot broken parts missing parts... just posted it used the lens show a few different maybe some one will confirm it... and will get it cleaned up so I can break something šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ got to love it.....