The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting a second replacement battery sent to me and I just noticed the one on the way now has an IC3 connector. I told the guy multiple times it is for a Granite or Kraton. I guess it is now for a future crawler.
I would just change the connectors or just create a couple of short adapters to go from IC3 to whatever you normally use

I would just change the connectors or just create a couple of short adapters to go from IC3 to whatever you normally use
It's going to have tiny wires on it from the looks of it. The 1st replacement battery they sent me has an XT60 on it and I wouldnt want to put an EC5 on those tiny wires.

just make an xt60 to ec5 adapter?
I'm just buying new batteries for the Kraton. I have a good battery for the Granite. I am wanting to grab a crawler here in a month or so, so I will likely just use the XT60 battery for that since it's a shorty pack, and I will use this Spektrum one on something else. Been thinking about grabbing a Slash or something for a LCG build.

I bought this thing in hopes that I wont have to buy compressed air anymore to blow out my computers, keyboards, electronics etc. Seems to work pretty well. Its not quite as strong as canned air but it aint to far off of it and its sustained. It has a really high RPM fan in it and a 15,000mAh battery in it! So far I'm pretty impressed! It also has an attachment that will blow air through a brush!

20210827_132151.jpg

I bought this thing in hopes that I wont have to buy compressed air anymore to blow out my computers, keyboards, electronics etc. Seems to work pretty well. Its not quite as strong as canned air but it aint to far off of it and its sustained. It has a really high RPM fan in it and a 15,000mAh battery in it! So far I'm pretty impressed! It also has an attachment that will blow air through a brush!

View attachment 131702
I was looking at those for cleaning out the dust in the RC's. Would it do that?

Its not going to be quite as strong as canned air or definitely not as strong as an air compressor but if you just wanted to blow glass, dust, etc off a kit it would work pretty good. I got this for blowing out all the PCs and keyboards in my house.

Like wolf said doesn't have that much power.. But probably work good to give a quick once over before putting into car or a carry bag.. then really clean/ blow off back at the shop/home....
Parts
Window nets.

1630161429518.png
Guessing RPP? Is where you got those window nets from bud. I like the look.. tried to make the same with tool box drawer liner..
20210828_102003.jpg

Last edited:
Like wolf said doesn't have that much power.. But probably work good to give a quick once over before putting into car or a carry bag.. then really clean/ blow off back at the shop/home....

Guessing RPP? Is where you got those window nets from bud. I like the look.. tried to make the same with tool box drawer liner..
View attachment 131725
I did this on my Marui Big Bear when I was a kid by using the webbing out of a potato bag. You remember the paper bags, and they had that plastic mesh window?

I did this on my Marui Big Bear when I was a kid by using the webbing out of a potato bag. You remember the paper bags, and they had that plastic mesh window?
Oh yes I do.. that's a good idea.. nice 👍👍

Dude that would be so awesome and sick!!!😍😁🤩👍👍 Would you need measurements of window size? Or is it easier to just print a square. That can be cut or how ever to fit window opening. Its a good way to allow air in. But not the rocks and other crap.. besides the dust. I do it to my nitros.. and going to start doing it to the electric ones as well.. I've drilled holes in windows as well for same reason... I'm definitely getting one 100% for sure... that would be very cool and appreciated..
Sorry was breaking down the maximum... now get to part shop 😁😁😁👍👍👍

View attachment 131725
Yes RPP and I assure you , they are my new best friend with extremely fast shipping.
When I get to feeling better I'll take it out and get some pics.

Dude that would be so awesome and sick!!!😍😁🤩👍👍 Would you need measurements of window size? Or is it easier to just print a square. That can be cut or how ever to fit window opening. Its a good way to allow air in. But not the rocks and other crap.. besides the dust. I do it to my nitros.. and going to start doing it to the electric ones as well.. I've drilled holes in windows as well for same reason... I'm definitely getting one 100% for sure... that would be very cool and appreciated..
Sorry was breaking down the maximum... now get to part shop 😁😁😁👍👍👍
I can just do squares for each window and you can cut to fit. Sending you a PM.

I can just do squares for each window and you can cut to fit. Sending you a PM.
You rock
Yes RPP and I assure you , they are my new best friend with extremely fast shipping.
When I get to feeling better I'll take it out and get some pics.
Sounds like a plan sir.. hope you feel better soon sir... 👍👍

Ordered this thing against rats. They say that ultrasonic repellers are extremely effective against rats and all other rodents. The shop offered great discount for new customers :)

Last edited:
Ordered a Star Wars Lego set for my nephew :) must admit that these sets are for some reasons more expensive than an average set from Lego.
Funny thing about the Lego sets - everyone at Lego hates them. Our company went there to look at the CNC machines they use. It was before I worked there, but I went on a trip with the owner to a machine tool show a few months later and he told me about the guys at Lego saying they wish they never started making the sets with all the custom parts.

Back