The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I aint gonna lie, I'm an RC junky bad. *ties off arm with 12AWG wire and smacks veins*

IDK if your aware but if you cross breed Tekin with Reedy you can Castle Creations 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I was looking at those. But when you crossbreed two black motors, where does that ugly @$$ green come from?

I was looking at those. But when you crossbreed two black motors, where does that ugly @$$ green come from?
Hmmm genetic mutation? 🤣

I would love to hang out at your house @Greywolf74 :p
RCT members are always welcome to drop by! i used to have a neighbor at one point years back who would come over and work on his stuff while I worked on my stuff and we'd just shoot the breeze while doing it. That was the best but then he moved away O__o

You just want to play with the Lawntoy 🤣
The lawntoy needs a revamp. I gotta redo the front end using a mig welder and put bigger casters on the front. Its gonna be out of action for a lil while.

Hmmm genetic mutation? 🤣

RCT members are always welcome to drop by! i used to have a neighbor at one point years back who would come over and work on his stuff while I worked on my stuff and we'd just shoot the breeze while doing it. That was the best but then he moved away O__o

The lawntoy needs a revamp. I gotta redo the front end using a mig welder and put bigger casters on the front. Its gonna be out of action for a lil while.
If I lived closer, and was able, I would come and fab up some awesome hangers for your front wheels.

I am trying to see if I will end up with a 1/6.5th scale Kranite 🤣
20210812_204442.jpg

Last edited:
While lurking in a traxxas forum, discovered that using traxxas brand double A batteries in a traxxas controller can extend its range. They arrived today, will update how much extended range i actually get asap...
traxxas-AArs.jpg

While lurking in a traxxas forum, discovered that using traxxas brand double A batteries in a traxxas controller can extend its range. They arrived today, will update how much extended range i actually get asap...
traxxas-AArs.jpg
Not sure how battery brand will extend radio range...let us know how that turns out :)

I've never heard that before but will be interesting to find out if it does.

Sorry folks about the traxxas AA battery bit, just kidding around. I'm actually just a promotional item collector, borderline hoarder. Gotta spend my money on something, smoking crack at my age would probably kill me... :)
rcswagrs.jpg
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

One ton of gravel and one ton of boulders. Going to take my crawling corse to a new level.
That is dedication! Your living room is going to be awesome!....What? Oh outdoors, well I guess that's cool too. :thumbs-up:

I took a run over to Boise this morning, 1 1/2 hr drive" and picked up a couple parts for the Tmax.
One of the reason's I smoked the spur gear the first time out is because whom ever owned it last didn't put in the friction pegs in the spur gear.
I picked up two packages of the pegs and a couple spur gears. 66t and 70t.
The pegs go into the holes on the inside.

pegs.jpg
spur.jpg

Got me some diff oil finally. Half of what I ordered is still on back order but at least I can work with this.
20210817_134954.jpg

Also picked up a TP 4060CM - 2080kv 8S motor. Not sure what I'm gonna use it for but I picked it up used for $100 shipped so I'm sure Ill find a use for it in something.
20210630_125252.jpg

Heres the 4060CM 2080kv 8S next to the 5680 1440kv 8S motor for size comparison. Its no where near as big but this aint no small motor. This is gonna be stupid in something :)
20210630_125325.jpg

Found a really good deal on a pair of Orion Vortex R10 ESCs and programmer
20210722_055024.jpg

picked up some custom transmitter grips. IDK why this pic turned out so crappy. You can barely see the orange mixed in with the pruple and the yellow one has reddish orange mixed in with it. I wish I could figure out where the rest of my collection is. I used to have like 15 -20 different ones.
20210722_055741.jpg

Picked up another Soldering jig to try. Dont really like it. Already tried it earlier. So far the only soldering I like are the Progressive RC one which is my main go to, The hot racing one for Deans connectors, and occasionally some regular old helping hands.
20210812_070115.jpg

Also picked up 10 pairs of EC8 connectors. Look how big these things are compared to a Deans.
20210818_131145.jpg

Had to replace my reliable old fold-up hand truck after it broke on the load platform. Couldn't find a folding so I just got regular one.

Got me some diff oil finally. Half of what I ordered is still on back order but at least I can work with this.
View attachment 131199

Also picked up a TP 4060CM - 2080kv 8S motor. Not sure what I'm gonna use it for but I picked it up used for $100 shipped so I'm sure Ill find a use for it in something.
View attachment 131201

Heres the 4060CM 2080kv 8S next to the 5680 1440kv 8S motor for size comparison. Its no where near as big but this aint no small motor. This is gonna be stupid in something :)
View attachment 131202

Found a really good deal on a pair of Orion Vortex R10 ESCs and programmer
View attachment 131203

picked up some custom transmitter grips. IDK why this pic turned out so crappy. You can barely see the orange mixed in with the pruple and the yellow one has reddish orange mixed in with it. I wish I could figure out where the rest of my collection is. I used to have like 15 -20 different ones.
View attachment 131204

Picked up another Soldering jig to try. Dont really like it. Already tried it earlier. So far the only soldering I like are the Progressive RC one which is my main go to, The hot racing one for Deans connectors, and occasionally some regular old helping hands.
View attachment 131205

Also picked up 10 pairs of EC8 connectors. Look how big these things are compared to a Deans.
View attachment 131207
Dude, we need to talk about an intervention 🤪 Seriously, nice haul.