The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xlGHvb0.png

made my semi annual drive to Iva's chicken house . great drive seen a soccer field with way over 100 wild turkeys in it along with A mouse and 150 deer above the rifle line in my state/gotta hunter below the line with shotgun only..Got 2-12 packs family dinners with all the extras.yummy.ill be eating chicken for weeks

made my semi annual drive to Iva's chicken house . great drive seen a soccer field with way over 100 wild turkeys in it along with A mouse and 150 deer above the rifle line in my state/gotta hunter below the line with shotgun only..Got 2-12 packs family dinners with all the extras.yummy.ill be eating chicken for weeks
I went to the back 40 picked out a steer brought it up and butchered it. guess I'll be eating steak for a while

2S lipo to put in my transmitter, DX5C:
2020-0914-DX5C-2SLipo.jpg

Got creative with the wiring and made an adapter to use a 20W balance lead charger I have without removing it. Used to use 2 pins to charge my NiMH's without removing them, but wanted to give a lipo a try in it since they were starting to not hold a charge very long anymore.

I bought these over the weekend. Found them on Craigslist for $50 for all. The motors were frozen up, but it was due to them being gummed up. A little solvent loosened up all the motors. It also came with a two 3-speed conversions and a reverse module, both for the Savage, and a box of tires and a box of parts. They didn't come with controllers or a body for the Savage. Either way, $50 was a smoking deal. I couldn't believe it. I had to confirm the price with the guy. He was clearing out his garage and hasn't driven these in a few years.

I know one is an HPI Savage, one is an HPI RS4, but I am not sure what the 3rd one is. I do know its a cheap Chinese model. Can anyone tell me what model the Savage is? I think it's a 4.6.

Savage.jpg
RS4.jpg
Speedy Car.jpg

I bought these over the weekend. Found them on Craigslist for $50 for all. The motors were frozen up, but it was due to them being gummed up. A little solvent loosened up all the motors. It also came with a two 3-speed conversions and a reverse module, both for the Savage, and a box of tires and a box of parts. They didn't come with controllers or a body for the Savage. Either way, $50 was a smoking deal. I couldn't believe it. I had to confirm the price with the guy. He was clearing out his garage and hasn't driven these in a few years.

I know one is an HPI Savage, one is an HPI RS4, but I am not sure what the 3rd one is. I do know its a cheap Chinese model. Can anyone tell me what model the Savage is? I think it's a 4.6.

View attachment 123351View attachment 123352View attachment 123353

I wish that I had luck like that!

I wish that I had luck like that!

I usually don't. However, this was the second time. The first time was getting a Lodi 8-e for $50. He didn't know what he had. I just kept checking. That's the trick.

View attachment 123351View attachment 123352View attachment 123353
You want to double your money?

You might be able to see on the starter housing or side of the engine as to the motor size. The 21 and 25 looked a lot alike. The OG 21 had only 2 spider gears in the diffs. The 25 had 4 spider gears and a better 2 speed gear/pawl machanism in the trans. Not sure what else set them apart visually.

You want to double your money?

LOL...
I just sold the 3-gear conversion and the reverse module for $175 on Ebay. It came with 2 sets of the 3-gear conversion. I still have one set left, but I don't think I will use it.