The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooh, now you can be like me and run to Hobby Lobby thinking it's RC stuff. :D I loathe the town I live in, it was fine for a while, but now I truly hate it. It's just way too small for me.
I feel your pain. In order to get most of my stuff, I have to drive to the big city at least 30-45 minutes away. And this is with Texas speed limits...

image.jpeg
Picked up this Nitro Revo on eBay. It's an older model with the 2.5R but it's super clean. Can't wait to take it out and run it.

Bought another aquarium light for when I upgrade. Was on sale for $400, so saved $50 from the one I already have.

Bought a set of integy heavy duty rear axle carriers for my savage flux. I don't recall these costing $50+ before when I bought the set for my X... The L brackets I made are allowing for too much slop, so figured it's best to replace them with alloy one piece hubs instead of messing with them anymore.

I got another set of proline powerstroke XL shocks, which makes 5 pairs total. 4 on my ascender, 4 on my burly mud truck, and 2 on my bomber.

I also picked up another set of lockup-rc wheels for my Pitbull Growlers, that are only 2 years old, but I thought I’d better take them out of the package...finally! Nothing like the smell of new tires...cough! Cough!...it’s great...I’m fine.

Don’t look Rolex, I earned my mud, I don’t paint it on. Quick someone catch Rolex before he passes out from all the grime.

Wheels:
Lockedup-rc 1.9” 8L diffusers (black).
Lockedup-rc spacers (raw)
Locked up-rc command ring kit (black only).
Locked up-rc scale hardware.
8452DBFB-A7DC-4F1B-903B-1AEF1E7DFEA0.jpeg

Well, guess I bought a new mamba monster x with 2200kv sensored motor and a work sharp electric knife sharpener. My wife got them for me for my b-day. Was up until 2am installing the motor/esc in my flux. Turns out, with a sensored motor, the sequence you plug the motor wires in matters, a lot!

The knife sharpener does a really nice job creating a rounded bevel on a blade. However, it appears amazon sent us one that was used. Since she bought it 2 months ago, it appears we can't do anything about it. Always fun paying retail $ for something that's used. 2 of the belts it came with were used and there were metal shavings/belt dust all over the thing. Never had that happen from amazon before.

Bought a new Shark Ionflex 2x blah blah whatever their crazy model names are cordless vacuum after using my sisters over the weekend, and the precision duster kit for it. Not cheap, but a big time saver. As I get older one thing I've learned is that I can make more money, but I can never make more time. So anything that lets me get stuff done around the house faster so I can have more free time is a Godsend.

Big bore shock caps for my savage... snapped one off yesterday halfway through my first set of packs. Why don't alloy caps exist for that thing?!?!
Also ordered some bits for my stampede as I busted a few things on it too.

B3DC6184-043F-4F62-90EE-6287F25F18FB.jpeg E9584F04-AE5D-49F9-AFEC-994FB2074F7A.jpeg 3CCA3AB0-FEE7-4CB3-A949-E5F6EED5E73A.jpeg 6EF4F611-1246-4BDB-BA6E-65289E04B575.jpeg FA7F7892-1A39-4150-9BBF-C2AE1C6CFDD3.jpeg 5F332C18-132D-41F5-867A-F5721B1B95B8.jpeg

Been working on the latest build. Been a lot of buys lately. Justin’s Customz rc body for my SMT10 build. Mamba X w/5700. Been updating driveline since. Waiting on a lot of parts to get here. With solid axle nationals going on there were shortages on driveline gears across the board. 2.6 wheels and tires, lots going in this as it is my first solid axle build. Having a blast though.

Well, guess I bought a new mamba monster x with 2200kv sensored motor and a work sharp electric knife sharpener. My wife got them for me for my b-day. Was up until 2am installing the motor/esc in my flux. Turns out, with a sensored motor, the sequence you plug the motor wires in matters, a lot!

The knife sharpener does a really nice job creating a rounded bevel on a blade. However, it appears amazon sent us one that was used. Since she bought it 2 months ago, it appears we can't do anything about it. Always fun paying retail $ for something that's used. 2 of the belts it came with were used and there were metal shavings/belt dust all over the thing. Never had that happen from amazon before.

Did you get the regular one or the Ken Onion edition? I need one. Sharpening Chinese steel is fun on stones, but once you get into the harder steels it takes soon long. Specifically the 154cm on my benchmade.

154cm isn't bad if you have a good selection of stones. I have from 160 to about 3-5k grit depending on what I load the strop with for a final compound. S30v on the other hand, sheesh. :rolleyes:

I bought a complete US diver snorkeling set and a knockoff GoPro for my nephew for our trip in May, and the stuff to debadge the Subie.

Ah, much better!

kEax4U1.jpg

Did you get the regular one or the Ken Onion edition? I need one. Sharpening Chinese steel is fun on stones, but once you get into the harder steels it takes soon long. Specifically the 154cm on my benchmade.
Regular I think, not the industrial looking one. I never got into the "art of sharpening" like my dad did. He made it look so easy for so many years with various wet stones, fine paper, stropping belts and steels. I don't think I got any of them as close to the sharpness he could get his $12 pocket knife, or the edge he put on his home-ade knives he made from high carbon steel cutting blades he got when he was a welder at P&H. I just wanted it to put a good edge on my pocket knives and cutlery. However, had a heck of a time getting an edge on our largest chefs knife. Between it's size, thickness and hardness, it didn't want to cooperate. Ended up not using the guard for that knife so I could apply a bit more pressure. Still took 20+ passes on each side to make the noticeable bevel, then 10+ on the stropping belt. I can now shave with every knife in my house.

Bought a new 12A x 2 AC/DC charger to keep in my car. Nothing fancy, HTC H150 Duo.

Also some parts for old OFNA/UE supermaxx shocks I had that I'm trying to use on my stampede.

Alloy axle carriers for the front/rear of my stampede as I busted one of each yesterday out bashing. Broke an RPM front one and stock rear one.

A new spektrum 2channel receiver as the 3rd knock off orange one I bought is dieing in my flux. Causing the MMX to throw error codes about loss of connection with the receiver and losing signal sporadically. I think I still have 4 orange ones in action in my nitro revos, savage-x and stampede. If they die, I'll replace them with the cheap $30 spektrum 2 channel that has the coaxial antenna as it seems to work well in my e-jato.

Also, a new replacement for my Akaso EK7000 action cam as mine has lost it's ability to focus. Found some info online about the lens moving due to missing glue on the adjustment, but I took mine apart and my lens is secure, so not sure what the deal is. Just tired of coming home to download 2 hours of blurry garbage with spots in the middle that are crystal clear. I'd have to buy 4 of them for it to not be worth getting a gopro hero 5. Will see how #2 does, then perhaps fiddle with my unfocusing one a bit.

Oh, and a $800 bill for a CAT scan for my wife. Guess we haven't gotten to our deductable yet... Expensive month!