The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up two 10 piece Bondhus hex T-handles (one metric, one standard).

I didn't think there was a difference other than the name. The NATO 5.56 is a .223 semi jacketed round.
The 5.56mm also has a higher case pressure than the .223. That makes it un-safe to fire in a weapon that was designed only for .223. All the Nato 5.56 rounds I have seen are a FMJ as per LOAC guidelines.The case of a 5.56 is also thicker than the standard .223 for the higher pressure.

Yea. Per our departments policy, Patrol rifles can only fire .223.

Yeah, that is for safety sake. So if some one has a Ruger mini-14 or something they don't inadvertently blow themselves up with the hotter rounds. Now your bush is made for both, but who the hell want to shoot a FMJ at a perp anyway? Give me a hollow point or a nice soft tip with a non-bonded core to cause some separation and make a big ****ing hole thank you very much.

.223 Remington 55gr HP. three 30 rd mags, one 20.

b1851f56.jpg

1.5 TB external hardrive for movies. and a couple books from the local Boarders thats going out of business.

A Scooby Doo Birthday Balloon and a Fur Real Pet for my daughter for her 3rd birthday!

A jk lid (hardbody), axial trans, yokes, drivelines, new tires (35x12.5-17) and wheels for my truck. Going to try to find a 86-97 dana 60 today.

Over the weekend at RCX.

Food
Beer
Kraken RC Team Chase Cage Fueling Adapter (Baja)
Team Chase Rear Towers (Baja) New part unveiled at the show.

Well, the money I was going to spend on a new RC, got spent on a laptop. Although I shouldn't complain, it will handle processing HD video and make photo processing a much quicker task.

Bought a new gun I've wanted for several months and paid my internet.

What gun did you get?

ATI GSG AK47-.22.......Was wanting a M&P 15-22 but I've talked to alot of guys that say they prefer the gsg since it doesn't use plastic internals.

Well, the money I was going to spend on a new RC, got spent on a laptop. Although I shouldn't complain, it will handle processing HD video and make photo processing a much quicker task.

I've been eyeballing a Mac Book Pro for a while now for those two purposes, and the fact I would no longer have to deal with Winblows. Congrats on the new lappy486. :D

ATI GSG AK47-.22.......Was wanting a M&P 15-22 but I've talked to alot of guys that say they prefer the gsg since it doesn't use plastic internals.

Nice, I dig the .22 assault rifles. Let us know how it shoots SNG.

I myself went on my lunch break and picked up a new Hitachi 12v Lithium cordless drill setup at sLowes. I charged my old Ryobi last night for about 3 hours, to get around 2 1/2 minutes of run time, I've had enough of that crap. I use one all the time anymore for a cordless driver more than a drill, to work on the RC's. Sure saves a lot of time spent doing nothing but turning a screw / nut driver handle.

I've been eyeballing a Mac Book Pro for a while now for those two purposes, and the fact I would no longer have to deal with Winblows. Congrats on the new lappy486. :D

I'm sticking with Winblows, couldn't persuade my better half to unload the money on a Mac Book. Still, I'll be happy being able to edit HD files. My 7 yr old desktop is just killing me right now on that.

I think I'd rather have a regular notebook than the Mac Books. If you don't like Microsoft, run Linux.

I think I'd rather have a regular notebook than the Mac Books. If you don't like Microsoft, run Linux.

To each his own. Linux won't work for my application, I've tried, I wish it did since it's free. I will say though, that compared to ten years ago when I first tried Linux, it has come a long ways, and the new Ubuntu is pretty slick. Plus, it's always good to have competition to keep the other guys on their toes.

If you didn't need a laptop, you could also build a Hackintosh. There are lots of parts lists on the net.