The “What Did You Fly Today?” Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
Thought I would start this thread as I am starting to get into planes and drones and we don’t have a thread like this! I flew my plane on Tuesday and crashed it pretty hard. It’s okay though as it’s a cheapo plane from Bi-Mart with differential thrust. Post down below what you flew today!

Thought I would start this thread as I am starting to get into planes and drones and we don’t have a thread like this! I flew my plane on Tuesday and crashed it pretty hard. It’s okay though as it’s a cheapo plane from Bi-Mart with differential thrust. Post down below what you flew today!
Pictures?
Here is one of my worst crashes
Not today though I will head out later
IMG_4556.jpeg

We don't really go out in the winter for drones. Maybe in April or so. 😁

We don't really go out in the winter for drones. Maybe in April or so. 😁
That’s a valid reason lol. My brother got his brand new drone stuck in my grandparents tree on Christmas Day. He got it for Christmas lol. Then mine flew away when we got home cuz the wind took it and it went goodbye

Good evening to all-
So today I took my XK 300 Staggerwing biplanes out to the flying field. No damage that could not be fixed quickly. I am coning to enjoy flying these biplanes more and more as I get used to their specific flight characteristics. These planes are very wind sensitive- don't like gusty conditions at all.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good morning to all-
So I took my yellow XK 300 Staggerwing biplane down to the flying field, and since the wind was calm and not a consideration, I tried some gentle aerobatics. On the middle control setting, the plane does a very nice perfectly circular loop, and if the loop is stopped at the top, the little biplane will fly inverted for a good long time and it's under good control, too. I tried the third- least controlled setting, and the plane will do a very sedate and slow roll.
the more I fly these biplanes, the more I like them.
Takeoffs require a good long run down the landing strip to gain speed and control, and landings need to carry a good bit of speed until the flare and touch down, but I do like the way these biplanes look when they're in the air, and a successful takeoff, flight and landing produces a quite happy feeling.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Back