The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have to trade a kit for that box of 300 blkout? :hehe:

Technically you only need one arm to fire an AR pistol. :hehe:

Seriuously though, .300BLK has never been really cheap to shoot, and prices are starting to come down some. Also, I really wanted to get my subsonic setup dialed in with my can as I wasn't really happy with it. So as the old saying goes; "You gotta pay to play."

Got some silver Hoons for the Felony, Trying out a new pinion tree, receiver hardness for MMX, Firma ESC programmer cuz I'm tired of doing it manually lol

20210614_145723.jpg
20210614_145729.jpg
20210614_145807.jpg

Hi. This is my HPI Maverick Quantum Flux. It got here a little bit ago. After less than a week of owning it, it has a few stories. Heh! I'll tell one of them. So I used to use Li-Ion batteries. Not anymore. At least, not in this monster. I blew my brand new 3s Li-Ion battery up because it got super hottt. I wasn't even driving that hard... but yeah, my buddy noticed the battery smoking (Thinking that was normal) and said "Heya Adam!" and me, the ADHD infected kid I was, couldn't remember what firefighters were, so I said "Call the fire people!" and he just pretended he mistook me for someone else.

Attachments

• IMG_20210609_092549.jpg
    IMG_20210609_092549.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 36
Hi. This is my HPI Maverick Quantum Flux. It got here a little bit ago. After less than a week of owning it, it has a few stories. Heh! I'll tell one of them. So I used to use Li-Ion batteries. Not anymore. At least, not in this monster. I blew my brand new 3s Li-Ion battery up because it got super hottt. I wasn't even driving that hard... but yeah, my buddy noticed the battery smoking (Thinking that was normal) and said "Heya Adam!" and me, the ADHD infected kid I was, couldn't remember what firefighters were, so I said "Call the fire people!" and he just pretended he mistook me for someone else.
Good thing you didnt loose your car :)

Thanks man. I love it down there. Brownlee Reservoir is the gateway to Hells Canyon. Check it out of the web sometime. Beautiful country and it's my back yard.

I bought the windshield but a long time ago and actually it's an aluminum face off of a guitar amp I rebuilt. It was a black finish but I polished it up with a buffing wheel on my lathe and I think it looks pretty cool..

IMG_1038.JPG

I bought the windshield but a long time ago and actually it's an aluminum face off of a guitar amp I rebuilt. It was a black finish but I polished it up with a buffing wheel on my lathe and I think it looks pretty cool..

View attachment 128196
It would look even better with your mad max Wheel nuts on it! lol

I agree but damn I scratched the chit out of my leg just by setting it down. I can only imagine if I hit somebody with it.

Couldn't find another curved, but I snagged another Larue MBT, in flat bow this time. Also picked up a NIB Cloud Defensive Rein Micro complete kit for a decent deal. Time to see if all the gucci weapon light hype holds true.

rl1o9b7.png

Grmi1e9.png

I bought a Losi Lasernut today.
I got lucky and have Parkinsons disease. My fine motor control is mostly gone and I shake a bit.
The thought of rebuilding a nitro car has kept me from running them hard but I put around the driveway once in a while.
So I though I would get an electric. 2 new 3s batteries, charger and the car came home with me today.
I read the manual.
It says if you want to run 3s you have to change the pinion. 3 little screws and a grub screw. Getting them out wasn't too bad. Getting the bottom screw on the motor plate started into the motor took me 2 hours and now I have to sit down.