The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Losi Lasernut today.
I got lucky and have Parkinsons disease. My fine motor control is mostly gone and I shake a bit.
The thought of rebuilding a nitro car has kept me from running them hard but I put around the driveway once in a while.
So I though I would get an electric. 2 new 3s batteries, charger and the car came home with me today.
I read the manual.
It says if you want to run 3s you have to change the pinion. 3 little screws and a grub screw. Getting them out wasn't too bad. Getting the bottom screw on the motor plate started into the motor took me 2 hours and now I have to sit down.
Man, I hate when you run in to stuff like that. I feel the whole parkinsons thing though. I mean my problem isnt as bad but middle of last year I developed Psoriasis which is an auto immune disease and is apparently hereditary, even though I have no knowledge of anyone in my family with it so I guess its some random gene that skipped a couple generations until it decided to pick me. The skin issues arent the worst part of it, The specialized arthritis that comes along with it aptly named Psoriatic Arthritis is the real killer. Thats why I buy RC stuff faster than I can work on it or use it. I find its very difficult for me to sit at my hobby desk for more than a couple hours at a time. So.....arent we the lcuky ones 😭🤣🤷‍♂️

Man, I hate when you run in to stuff like that. I feel the whole parkinsons thing though. I mean my problem isnt as bad but middle of last year I developed Psoriasis which is an auto immune disease and is apparently hereditary, even though I have no knowledge of anyone in my family with it so I guess its some random gene that skipped a couple generations until it decided to pick me. The skin issues arent the worst part of it, The specialized arthritis that comes along with it aptly named Psoriatic Arthritis is the real killer. Thats why I buy RC stuff faster than I can work on it or use it. I find its very difficult for me to sit at my hobby desk for more than a couple hours at a time. So.....arent we the lcuky ones 😭🤣🤷‍♂️
I have had good luck in several important things. Perhaps I just have to pay for it now. Mostly I just deal with it. I have learned to not get mad and just keep trying. Eventually I get it done. I used to throw stuff.

Why are electric cars so expensive? There is nothing to them.
I am hoping to go down over the hill and make a trail to run. No weeds under the trees. I will just have to move the sticks.

I have had good luck in several important things. Perhaps I just have to pay for it now. Mostly I just deal with it. I have learned to not get mad and just keep trying. Eventually I get it done. I used to throw stuff.

Why are electric cars so expensive? There is nothing to them.
I am hoping to go down over the hill and make a trail to run. No weeds under the trees. I will just have to move the sticks.
I know what you mean, I have to deal with controlling my anger too because a lot of times I dont want to stop what I'm working on but my body doesn't give me any choice. Or Ill get mad because I can't pick up something big and heavy and move it like I used to if I can do it at all. Depends on how big and heavy it is. My wife has to do more lately to compensate for my issues. I really hate it but I too am learning how to just deal with it more and more.

I wasn't aware that electrics were more expensive than nitros although I havent paid nearly as much attention to nitro since coming back to the hobby. If they are Id guess its just because the electronics are expensive but then again a good racing nitro engine will run ya $450-$700 these days so IDK. Maybe because of popularity?

Kyosho FO XX Nitro $439 Electric $489
I am sure the Nitro has more parts and an extra servo for the throttle.

I didn't buy it but it was bought for me, I'll share the short story.
My son and his family lives in Houston and I live in a little town in Idaho. He came to Idaho this week and it was supposed to be a surprise and honestly I was a bit upset because he never said anything until today. "I knew they were coming".
Well when they showed up today he sprung it on me...
He is moving back to Idaho in two weeks and they bought me a plane ticket to Houston to drive one of the U-hauls back to Idaho. I get my fishing partner back and get to be close to 4 of my grandkids again...
I am so excited..... ;)

I didn't buy it but it was bought for me, I'll share the short story.
My son and his family lives in Houston and I live in a little town in Idaho. He came to Idaho this week and it was supposed to be a surprise and honestly I was a bit upset because he never said anything until today. "I knew they were coming".
Well when they showed up today he sprung it on me...
He is moving back to Idaho in two weeks and they bought me a plane ticket to Houston to drive one of the U-hauls back to Idaho. I get my fishing partner back and get to be close to 4 of my grandkids again...
I am so excited..... ;)
Hey man, I'm really happy for you! I know you gotta be happy bout that!

Yesterday was tool delivery day! I own a basic set of metric and SAE hex drivers, both basic sets of their power tool tips, 17MM hex wrench, manifold spring tool, and a body reamer from Team EDS. I've had em for about 10 years or so now and even though I havent used em a whole lot in the last 5 or 6 years I've used enough cast hex drivers to see the quality difference that tools made from rolled spring steel with precision ground tips makes. Anyone thats ever used a Hudy hex driver can tell a big difference between it and a set from Dynamite, Align, OFNA, Losi, Associated, etc etc. Id recommend you guys check em out if you find yourself in the market. Theyre like half the price of Hudy but same quality.

I decided to really invest in more Team EDS tools so I went a little ham on their inventory. I'm gonna have to totally rearrange my peg board now. lol

20210614_163734.jpg
20210614_163756.jpg
20210614_163833.jpg
20210614_163922.jpg
20210614_163958.jpg
20210614_164005.jpg

You used to be able to get them engraved but apparently theyve done away with that 😭 These are my old tools that were all engraved. Must not have been very popular. 🤷‍♂️
SDC13917.JPG
IMG_5906.JPG
IMG_5912.JPG

Hey man, I'm really happy for you! I know you gotta be happy bout that!
Yes I am my man, I'm on cloud nine right now. The wife and I are always on the go and only short trips in Idaho or Oregon. Mostly camping usually and she is going to California in October so when this came up yesterday, I jumped on it.
We are headed out for a week Monday morning camping and I'll pretty much have enough time to take a shower when I get home and then head for the airport. I can't wait.

Yesterday was tool delivery day! I own a basic set of metric and SAE hex drivers, both basic sets of their power tool tips, 17MM hex wrench, manifold spring tool, and a body reamer from Team EDS. I've had em for about 10 years or so now and even though I havent used em a whole lot in the last 5 or 6 years I've used enough cast hex drivers to see the quality difference that tools made from rolled spring steel with precision ground tips makes. Anyone thats ever used a Hudy hex driver can tell a big difference between it and a set from Dynamite, Align, OFNA, Losi, Associated, etc etc. Id recommend you guys check em out if you find yourself in the market. Theyre like half the price of Hudy but same quality.

I decided to really invest in more Team EDS tools so I went a little ham on their inventory. I'm gonna have to totally rearrange my peg board now. lol

View attachment 128320View attachment 128321View attachment 128322View attachment 128323View attachment 128324View attachment 128325

You used to be able to get them engraved but apparently theyve done away with that 😭 These are my old tools that were all engraved. Must not have been very popular. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 128326View attachment 128327View attachment 128328
Very cool..

Couldn't pass up Prime Day. Got my mom an Amazon Dot with Clock and a stand on it for her.

Prime Day got me too. After a lot of research, I picked up an Anker Soundcore Motion Boom Bluetooth speaker. I've been very happy with my JBL Flip 4, but at the beach you have to run it so loud that battery life is only around 4 hours. This should solve that problem and the JBL will go in my work go bag.

3w6w5BK.png

Got me a gopro max 360°, should be interesting to see my rc's coming and going at the same time. Gonna double as body cam, in my experiences people almost always are more polite when they realize they're on camera... 🎥
max01rs.jpg

max02rs.jpg

bodycamrs.jpg

Hey get that camera outta my face! 🤣 one of the guys at work got one, they are ki da neat. :thumbs-up:
Its a little on the big side but its thin and blends in pretty good on my backpack straps. Initially looked at the type the police use, they weren't much smaller and lacked the video quality to use for other uses. For years i had my gopro session mounted to my motorcycle helmet while commuting to work, half the time the thing wasn't even turned on but soon as an aggressive driver spotted the camera, their whole demeanor would change for the better. Obviously theres gonna always be the ones that couldn't care less about a camera or simply don't see it. Its also important not to allow yourself to be tempted to become an ahole while wearing the camera. And then there's the new generation of karens & kens that get triggered at the drop of a hat or when they see a camera whether its in their face or not, lol....

Agree 100% I have a couple of dash cams I need to get installed. If nothing else, it helps with insurance claims, if the need arises.