The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe its my favorite to mess with. I love turning wrenches on it.
She will get a few aluminum parts here and there but not a whole lot.
The cool thing is that it's compatible with HPI Baja 5b so parts are plentiful. Rovan RC actually has plenty also.
I haven't broke anything yet other than the servo.. ;)
EDIT: I forgot I broke two rope starters. But replaced them with a roto starter and this from Lowe's..

powerstarter.jpg

Last edited:
I believe its my favorite to mess with. I love turning wrenches on it.
She will get a few aluminum parts here and there but not a whole lot.
The cool thing is that it's compatible with HPI Baja 5b so parts are plentiful. Rovan RC actually has plenty also.
I haven't broke anything yet other than the servo.. ;)
I'm seriously thinking about ordering one of those one day. Been saying that ever since they came out tho lol

Picked up this very low use Serpent SRX8T Truggy + spare arms for $410. Seemed like a really good deal and I need a truggy to replace my Losi 8ight that I sold awhile back.

serpentt_5_2__65c020ad4b4750e964eeab9f10f2e722d4fcd4cb.jpg
serpentt_6_64abd2eeebc19764de41c2782efbd0f2f6b96472.jpg
serpentt_1_cdd0a9c69affe31d21309e86ee238a923fd2385c.jpg
serpentt_2_55d025cee8a8fe758f3fd69e9e2862d53bb38909.jpg

@Greywolf74 That Serpent looks pretty clean, you weren't kidding about low use. :thumbs-up:
I tell you what cracks me up, when you see stuff like "only 15 minutes of use" or "only 2 races on it" and the bottom of the chassis looks like its been drug over lava rocks with a 20 lb weight on it and its got dirt caked on it or all the screw heads are rusty. This guy said he only had one race on that kit and if had more it aint much more. :)

Got some random parts in yesterday

These are the best dang hobby scissors I've ever owned. Had to get me a back up pair. :)
20210605_175200.jpg

I've always wanted one of these jigs. IDK why but I love soldering jigs. Some of them are better for certain things compared to others so I have like 4 soldering jigs now. I'm hoping this will be the one jig to rule them all... lol
20210605_175151.jpg

EC2 Connectors for my Losi Mini-B and Mini-T
20210605_175131.jpg

The soldering jig is great, I've had mine for about four years now. :thumbs-up:
I got one of these a while back and to be honest... it's almost more of a nuisance than it's worth!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JWFJX9V

Prior to that, I'd use large full sized vise grips holding onto the knurl adjuster on a pair of needle nose vice grips to hold ends while I soldered and figure out something with one of those smaller "helping hand" holders to hold the wire. Granted, the big "helping hands" thing is better, but not by much. lol!

Not sure when the aluminum wheels will be in stock for my baja but I ordered these today..

Front bulkhead parts, shock tower and braces for the baja.

bulkhead parts.jpg

Drive shafts for my Mad Crusher. I ran it in the yard a couple days ago and noticed the front drive shaft is missing.

drive shafts.jpg

Bought a mini revo wide kit (7132R). Thinking this upgrade wasn't worth my time. With my naked eyes having trouble seeing the advertised 10mm difference but that's not my issue. My issue is now i'm having trouble getting the toe & camber back to its recommended settings. Wore out my tool while making many adjustments to the pivot balls and awaiting a new tool kit to arrive before i can continue my quest to keep the rubber side down. I also briefly searched for some adjustable linkage with no luck...
armx01rs.jpg

armx02rs.jpg

armx06rs.jpg