The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked my dr10 up today got a replacement cuda body from proline(first one had a major mold line defect)
20210511_210145.jpg

Done bought a wheelie bar a few weeks ago for the mini revo but never installed it. For awhile there thought it wasn't going to be needed. Then yesterday i upgraded the nimrod battery to a 2cell lipo now i can't keep the rubber side down... :woohoo:
minilipors.jpg

wheeliebar01rs.jpg

wheeliebar02rs.jpg

Out with the old...
2021-0426-SavageFlux-side-body.jpg

In with the new:
2021-0517-maxx-side-body.jpg

No longer have a savage of any kind. Very traxxas heavy though now... was before, but worse now. lol!

Got the widemaxx kit in red, probably going to try and throw my low profile orange 3.8 cheapo amazon wheels/tires on it and see how it does. The orange is going to clash with the red, but they didn't have an orange one in stock. :(

Not 100% sure, but will try and put the maxx tires/wheels on the slampede 4x4. I've just been asking too much of that truck and I literally repalced the savage with the maxx. I met the guy at the LHS parking lot, money and truck changed hands and I walked into the store, 5 minutes later I walked out with the maxx.

Likely going to put the MMX/4074 2200kv sensored system from the savage in it, run it on 4S. I see steel cvd's in my near future. I'm not sure if I'll even try the stock system... I want to just to see how it is... and then I don't.

Parts list for the maxx is growing... removed the stock motor/esc/receiver, going to start with the mmx/2200kv. Can't get a 8960x to mount the larger motor all factory like, but I'm guessing a bead of shoegoo on the bottom of it will keep it from bouncing around/bending the motor plate. It bolts to the motor plate with 4 screws and that part is just the trough the motor plate bolts too with a hoop to hold the rear of the motor down like the stock motor has.

Got a NHK dual fan cooler coming for it and a RPM MMX/MXL-6s/MMv2 cage to hold the MMX down, hoping it fits.

Ordered a tube of gorilla construction adhesive and a caulk gun to mesh the body for reinforcement. Used shoegoo on a recent smaller body, took nearly an entire tube. Probably should have just ordered a couple tubes of that again... will see. Regardless, when this body is trashed, I'll get a probodyrc body for it.

Ordered a full set of axle carriers/c-hubs for it off ebay as take off's, so will have all the bearings for them on hand as well.

I bought the widemaxx kit with it and installed that the night I bought the truck. Still waiting on the above stuff to finish it off, most of which won't be here until next week. Supposed to be near 90F this weekend... so will likely stay inside anyway.

Ordered a full set of RPM arms for my stampede 4x4. Snapped one in half last weekend as well as an upper turnbuckle. Ordered a full set of tierods/turnbuckles off ebay for that. I probably have spares... but the eJato shares some of them, so having extra on hand is always a good thing.

Ended up having to get a new coffee maker as a wind storm took out the power pole and transformer near my home.

Purchased a wheelie bar (part #3678) for the rustler 4x4. Turns out that the wheelie bar (part #3678) is for the rustler 2wd version I don't want to point any fingers but i'm almost 40% sure the item description omitted this info. Fast forward, i found out the correct part number i need but its out of stock at the vendors i use so i had no choice but to jury rig the wheelie bar (part #3678) to fit the rustler 4x4. Now i just need to find out if the recently converted to brushless rustler 4x4 can actually do a wheelie...
nrig02rs.jpg

nrig03rs.jpg

I bought these for my Baja 5b but wanted aluminum. They were no where to be found other than one place online but I would like a couple of options so if anybody knows where I can find a complete set, please holler..
These will work for now..

wheels.jpg
tires.jpg

I picked up this Mugen MBX7 Eco Roller, Castle 1800kv motor, with 2 crappy body, 1 new unpainted body, NIB Hitex X2 Lipo charger, Car stand, Extra tools (which I really did not need...Anyone want a set of Align Hex wrenches and a Dynamite hex driver?) and some spare parts for $340. Seemed like a good deal.

screen_shot_2021_04_04_at_1_49_21_pm_1c021a1d0b41f5819929221a216561d258286f99.png
screen_shot_2021_04_04_at_1_49_11_pm_c2d5552e4f15a66928c406c57babaa444b243a6e.png
screen_shot_2021_04_04_at_1_48_48_pm_8bf2110dfbe7a20abe6271d258c0bec7fda2cb8e.png
screen_shot_2021_04_04_at_1_49_38_pm_8a680ae6667e66aaf6eced442145326d899134e9.png

Single port Silencerco ASR brake/suppressor mount for my .300BLK. Chasing those elusive few DBs and first round pop with subsonic rounds. This will let me run the brake and therefore muzzle much closer to the first blast baffle, and should cure my issues. There's no free lunch when it comes to cans. ;)

t8X0oU1.png