The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set of RPM 3.2" stablemax revolver wheels to put an old set of losi zombie maxx on my erbe for a bit of cold weather running. I figure the softer compound tire should do ok in the snow/ice. Ordered a few days ago, just showed up today.

Worst case, I can put a set of old savage GT1 tires on it, also on the same rims. I really should go through my tire shelf and get rid of some of them... looks like a pro-line reject bin.

Almost forgot, also ordered a castling field/pc program card for it too. It won't get here until Monday or Tuesday though. I've read the stock settings for lipo cut off isn't high enough and causes packs to over discharge. Also probably want to change the punch control some if I ever run the 6S setup.

Looks like we will be just warm enough to give us a muddy x-mas!

Bought a Renthal bar pad and a LG Gpad. Paid a big chunk on my paypal credit too....

Well... seems like somehow I tried to by $20 worth of something in Schenectady, NY today. 3 times. Have since cancelled that debit/credit card and contacted the bank. Yay...

Wow! DEFINITELY an UNLIKE there @olds97_lss !!! Glad you were able to catch it and put a stop to it before it hurt too badly! I have seen (fortunately) not personally experienced how these bastards work when they get hold of your info! Be VERY watchful on ALL your banking! An ex went thru a nasty scenario where she magically opened a hair salon and attempted to order a number of computers! It seems they like to do a test run or 2 for smaller purchases and if they work... HOLD ON TIGHT!!! That's when they go nuts and try and gut your accounts etc! Be in touch with ALL of your banking contacts and make them aware. Research and protect yourself where any and all things can apply! She was lucky that she caught her problem before it got too out of control and she was protected. Do yourself the favor of doing the same!

Actually, my wife got texts for each attempted transaction within minutes of them happening to let us know the transactions were cancelled and to check our account for any other transactions that seem out of place. We did find one smaller one and talked to them about it, but it's in a pending state, so have to wait until it's not pending for them to refund it.

Be sure to watch that they haven't got hold of personal info to open accounts, take loans etc. Most of these things end up being a lifted card number and don't get that far but I hear the horror stories about people who end up buying a HUGE entertainment center or a car!!! Watch your back my friend! Scary stuff these sneaky little s**ts can do with a computer!!!

Bought a new charger... now that I'm running a larger brushless rig. Really wish I had spent the original $200 on the traxxas charger and 3S packs a bit more wisely. Live and learn.

I got the Dynamite Prophet Sport Quad 4x 100W Charger (dync2050), 2 additional JST-XH balance boards, 2 female deans to TRX male and 2 female EC3 to TRX male connectors. Really hoping I got the right stuff. Worst case I guess, I can cut all the leads up and rebuild them. Just hoping the balance boards are also what I need. Electric is complicated!

If I did my math right, I should be able to charge my SMC 9000mah 2S packs at at least 1C to cut my charge time down to 1 hour vs the 3+ hours it takes now.

Now I just have to ignore the fact that I'm over $1200 into the brushless revo... and I still need to buy the RPM upgrades and at least 1 more set of battery packs. LOL!

Rocksmith for pc.

Ugh... revo's doing what revo's do... shattered a stock front arm, bent pushrod and shattered axle. Accidentally bumped the trigger on my ERBE with my glove and it smacked into a steel rail at a skatepark 5 minutes into my run.
2016-1230-ERBE-CarnageArmAxleRod.jpg

Ordered RPM true-track for the rear, RPM arms and carriers for the front. Have a spare set of 4 sliders on hand and repaired with spare arms I had from previous revo's getting RPM upgrades. Also had spare P1 pushrods to replace the bent P2 rod.

Was going to wait until my b-day and have my wife get the RPM upgrades... but this is the second vacation day ended because of stock parts shattering. I'm 99% sure that it wouldn't have busted if it was RPM as it barely tapped the steel rail. Also, me scrounging on ebay saved me over $30 what RCPlanet would have cost.

Brushless revos are fun! LOL

Ugh... revo's doing what revo's do... shattered a stock front arm, bent pushrod and shattered axle. Accidentally bumped the trigger on my ERBE with my glove and it smacked into a steel rail at a skatepark 5 minutes into my run.
2016-1230-ERBE-CarnageArmAxleRod.jpg

Ordered RPM true-track for the rear, RPM arms and carriers for the front. Have a spare set of 4 sliders on hand and repaired with spare arms I had from previous revo's getting RPM upgrades. Also had spare P1 pushrods to replace the bent P2 rod.

Was going to wait until my b-day and have my wife get the RPM upgrades... but this is the second vacation day ended because of stock parts shattering. I'm 99% sure that it wouldn't have busted if it was RPM as it barely tapped the steel rail. Also, me scrounging on ebay saved me over $30 what RCPlanet would have cost.

Brushless revos are fun! LOL
Yes, they are. At least you didn't melt the slipper because of your own stupidity, Olds.

When I got my Revo nitro some years ago, I took it to a friend's house. This was about a DAY from end of break in. I put it down, whacked the throttle and it went across his lawn thru a small raised area of grass and BANG! Ripped the left front arm right off the truck! Found the surprise stump with that one! I had a stock replacement arm that I bought with the truck. Since then, I haven't broken an arm at all. As much as I REALLY would like to RPM the rig, I can't just go out and buy the parts... I dunno why, just can't seem to make myself do it!

You know it luckily she will never be able to figure out the parental controls

I just hooked up an ASUS RT-AC1900. My Arris took a dump last night. The wireless died. It is in bridge mode now. The modem section seems fine. Time to coil up the big blue patch cable I made.

Back