The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pack of 1K ohm resistors to try and bypass my stupid hood latch switch on my 300C because I'm pretty sure the switch is either broken or stuck causing my remote start to not work. Crappy time of the year to find out that doesn't work... just got 5" of snow dumped on us.

If the resistor works, then I'll try to find a new latch as it seems the sensor is not purchasable on it's own... and the latch is a bit of a pain to find that has the sensor on it.

I can't say I'm familiar with the switch. If it is a factory part, you may do well by trying to find it at a salvage yard. Sounds like a p.I.t.a.!!!

My Silverado has the same system. If a door or the hood is ajar, it won't allow the remote stat to function.

Figures... Just in time for the snow where you REALLY want those features to be working right! Bum deal!

My door switch was stuck I got it to pop loose, cleaned and lubed it... It still took about 10 times driving the car (actually running it, not sure how many times the door was opened and closed in that period) before the computer recognized that the switch was operating properly. Then if finally shut off the door ajar system warning. I never thought to plug it into the scanner and reset it. Gotta love a car that has a computer for the amplifiers... Pretty sure there's a computer for the computer! :thumbs-down: :hehe:

Last edited:
bought a used fuel bowl and fuel pressure regulator for my truck.

New Acer K272HL 27" monitor. Nothing crazy, was on sale at microcenter for $129. Has a nice picture though and is only 1" wider than my old acers since the bezel is only about 1/4" vs the nearly full 1" bezel on my 24" monitors.

Was finding that my eyes were really getting tired by the end of the day when working from home. I have dual 24" at home and at work, but my setup at home puts me about 10"-12" further away from my monitors. Hoping the extra screen still running at 1920x1080 will help. Now contemplating buying a second because now my 24" looks weird next to it being it's an older CFL monitor. Things look a bit yellow compared to the new LED backlight monitor. Just set it up last night and on vaca today, will really see how it does tomorrow when I work from home. So far... not sure it's helping. Probably should have just gotten new glasses. lol

^^^Tease.

Bought all of my Christmas shopping items today.

Haven't bought just yet, but after a lot of research I have a car being held at a dealership and going to test drive and hopefully buy on Friday provided I like it. I remember now why I hate this whole process.
Tough time of the year to be buying a new car. WOW do you get hit with charges you never thought of. Extra charge for the increase in insurance with the collision, based on the value of the vehicle, plates or tags, sales tax, I don't remember what else. On the bright side ALL my maintenance is free for the next 5 years. That even includes tire rotations and oil changes.

Ralph, that's true. But, the other plus side is LOTS of low APR loans going on right now with dealers trying to move inventory so that you and I pay the tax on it next year, and not them. Some vehicles are at 0%, too bad I can't afford one of those. :D

Haven't bought just yet, but after a lot of research I have a car being held at a dealership and going to test drive and hopefully buy on Friday provided I like it. I remember now why I hate this whole process.
I know the feeling. I researched for 2 years before buying my current car. I would have just gotten another grand marquis, but they quit making them. I've had 6 of them. So, I spent 2 years looking for a low mileage v8 sedan that I could afford. Spent 6 months searching and deciding on what I wanted, then over a year keeping an eye on pricing for one optioned the way I wanted. I'm used to replacing my car every 4 years due to my commute being about 25K a year. Then my wife gets the car for 4 more years until I get a new one. She puts about 2k miles on a car in a year... and my commute has been cut to a more normal 15k a year due to my company relocating and a work from home schedule. Will still probably stick with my 4 year cycle though since I keep them for 8 years total.

Research research research!!! I buy cars a different way than most due to family connections etc... I buy used... However, before any agreement is made, I spend a LOT of time reading up on 'problems with XYZ'. I want to know what I'm marrying and what to look for under the hood and what issues have been uncovered with tsb's as well as owner complaints... Good luck with the purchase @HPIguy !!!

Research research research!!! I buy cars a different way than most due to family connections etc... I buy used... However, before any agreement is made, I spend a LOT of time reading up on 'problems with XYZ'. I want to know what I'm marrying and what to look for under the hood and what issues have been uncovered with tsb's as well as owner complaints... Good luck with the purchase @HPIguy !!!
I've never bought a new car. The newest I bought was a 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis with 17K miles on it. I bought it in 2008. I traded that in when I got my 300C 1.5 years ago.

I bought another 27" monitor. Had one I purchased on Tuesday for a day with my 24" second monitor. Gave me a headache going back and forth since both were 1920x1080. I needed larger text without losing real estate due to the placement of my screens at home. These things seem huge... Will take some getting used to, but I'm able to read and work without scootching in and squinting all day, so that's nice. lol

Yah, no fun getting a headache without at least a little aggravation to have caused it! :bored:

image.jpeg
Been looking for one of these for a while. Found it on eBay with a killer "buy it now " price. Showed up yesterday