The Crawl Chronicles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no doubt about that brotha, this is my escape and a kick in the arse to BS with you guys. Puts my mind at ease.. :wacky:
My crawl session yesterday was not just about having fun with my rc, it was also a therapeutic woods walk. Needed to to clear my head a bit, and as typical, it worked!

Peabody Town Forest 10/3/21

On this cloudy, dreary but cool day, I took Habanero for a woods walk at my favorite spot in town.
Walking into and under the canopy of the woods, the tell tale signs of fall is evident. The undergrowth is dying back and the pesky flying, biting bugs was nearly tolerable.
Only a brief, little bit of a sprinkle slightly interrupted the play time, but never amounted to anything substantial. I had a poncho at the ready, but it wasn't needed. Only came across one other human, so it was a good crawl session!
Habanero got quite muddy today. So much so, that I had to take a brush to all 4 tires, and hose the entire vehicle down.
1003211320a.jpg
1003211324a.jpg
1003211307b.jpg
1003211304a.jpg
1003211247.jpg
1003211239f.jpg
1003211323b.jpg
1003211413.jpg

Last edited:
The woods are looking very inviting. And drizzle too?....beats the heck out of our smoke. I wanna come over and play. :)
Any time!

I am buying our home this next week so you can bet there will be a crawler course in the back yard.
Congrats on the new home, TP!

Looking forward to the future course construction!

@Tunedpipe After being in the house so long, it's got to feel good to finally be able to make the changes you've been wanting to make. :thumbs-up:

@Xraycer I wish it was possible, it would be cool if we could all visit each other. :)

@Tunedpipe After being in the house so long, it's got to feel good to finally be able to make the changes you've been wanting to make. :thumbs-up:

@Xraycer I wish it was possible, it would be cool if we could all visit each other. :)
Absolutely, we have been renting this house for almost nine years and afraid to death we would hear a knock on the door from the landlord giving us a 30-day notice. He actually almost sold it to a developer a few months ago but thankfully they didn't except the offer, so I made an offer a couple weeks ago, it's a go.... :)

Absolutely, we have been renting this house for almost nine years and afraid to death we would hear a knock on the door from the landlord giving us a 30-day notice. He actually almost sold it to a developer a few months ago but thankfully they didn't except the offer, so I made an offer a couple weeks ago, it's a go.... :)
Awesome man! I'm really happy for ya!

Peabody Town Forest 10/6/21

It was a show day at work today, and after 3 very wet days, the sun had finally reappeared. I took off a early from work to enjoy the really nice day.
Reaper hadn't run in awhile, and he has since gotten Jalapeno's aluminum wheels with Hyrax rubbers. Time to trail test these on the SCX10III.
The overall heavier weight seems to have reduced the Reaper's crawl performance, but as I had mentioned, I haven't run Reaper for awhile. I'll have to pack in the former stock Defender Canyon Trails, and do a swap next time I take Reaper on the trail. Reaper is not too top heavy, so may not really need the aluminum wheels.
1006211357a.jpg
1006211428b_Burst01.jpg
1006211422.jpg
1006211427.jpg
1006211435d.jpg
1006211448b.jpg
1006211448a.jpg
1006211428_Burst01.jpg
1006211515a.jpg

Reaper looks really good with those wheels and tires, but sometimes ya gotta go with performance over looks.

I'm going to try and go play Sunday,

Last edited:
I love the moss and texture on those rocks!
Under the tree canopy of the forest, nearly all the rocks are blanketed with moss and lichen. It is beautiful looking, but it sure make it a lot more challenging to scale on.
Reaper looks really good with those wheels and tires, but sometimes ya gotta go with performance over looks.

I'm going to try and go play Sunday,
With the bug population getting ready to call it a season, I can now enjoy the outdoors to it's fullest! I'll test out both sets of wheels to see it how much weight affects the crawl performance.
Hope you can get out Sunday. We'll be expecting a full report! 😉
Great looking rig.
Gracias, Senor!

Tesoro Viejo, Madera CA 10-10 21

Well today was a bust....

Today we took a half hour drive to Madera, and went to a new area that I was sure would have some decent crawling spots, but it wasn't meant to be. I found some nice looking dirt embankments that were about 7 feet high and leveled off, but the dirt was so loose I couldn't get more than 2 feet up after trying for 15 minutes.

There were also some rock formations that looked promising, but they ended up being very sharp jaggy rocks with no climbable surfaces once you got close to them. Was kind of a bummer because I got the wife to come along, and then there was no place to play. At least the weather was nice and it felt good to get outdoors.
Heck she was even climbing hills looking for places to try. :)

Sorry about the lack of pictures, but just nothing interesting to shoot today.

Back